Chapter 21

Nate p.o.v

Sierra's been noticeably distant lately, I don't know if it's because she's hiding something or if it's just my imagination.

I rarely see her, she's sleeping in her own room and working in her office. The only time I do see her is when she brings me coffee, which i have to ask her to do as an excuse to see her.

I emailed her earlier to have dinner with me, I didn't make it a question so she couldn't refuse.
I'm on my way home now to prepare it. Well, help prepare it.

//

Sierra arrived over an hour ago and rushed upstairs to get changed. I've spoken to her sister and Scarlet and they both agree she's been distant with them also. Tonight, I'll get to the bottom of it.

We're eating outside on the terrace, where the tables decorated in red roses and candle light as I know she loves these romantic gestures.

After 5 minutes of sitting here on my own I'm eventually joined by my love. She's wearing a loose yellow dress with long sleeves. The yellow really does compliment her tanned skin and dark hair.

"You look gorgeous Sierra." I say grabbing her hand.

"Thankyou." She says in a hushed tone.

Kyla brings out the food in a hurry and fills a glasses with wine. I take a large sip of mine but Sierra doesn't touch hers.

We finish eating rather quickly but I can still notice the tension in sierra's eyes. Like she's keeping something in.

"Sierra what's wrong?"  I asked panicked as she turns pale.

"Are the candles vanilla?" She asks standing up hurriedly. I nod my head.

"I thought they were your favourite."

She runs inside the penthouse and into the nearest toilet. I hear her throwing up inside and immediately rush by her side. I gently scoop her hair up and rub her back in an attempt to soothe her.

"What's wrong do you need to go to the doctors again?" I ask knowing I'm probably going to get shouted at.

"No." And then she does the unexpected. She cries. Sierra's always been so strong, she's been through so much so to see her cry now it must be something extremely bad.

"Nate I-I'm." She's interrupted by the elevator opening and a pair of heels clicking along the marble floor.

"Nate honey." A high pitch voice says loudly. A voice I haven't heard in a long time. A voice I never want to hear again.

I leave Sierra as she wipes away her tears.I walk towards the unwelcome visitor as my heart rate increases. I'd do anything to cut her out of my life completely. She always turns up when she's least wanted.

"What the fuck do you want Kimberly." I shout loudly. Her facial expression changes as she notices my tone.

She's the only person alive that can really make my blood boil. Just her name makes me angry.

"Is that any way to talk to the love of your life?" She asks batting her eyelashes. Her gaze turns away from me as she focuses on something behind me.

I turn around to see Sierra standing there. "Sorry." She mutters and heads for the stairs.

"Sierra wait." I yell and she stops in her tracks and turns to face me.