Chapter 9

Nates p.o.v
The blush that covered sierras cheeks was a huge turn on. It meant she wanted me as much as I wanted her. I stride towards her and scoop her up into my arms.
"My shirt looks good on you, but can I rip it off." I ask playfully.

I lay her down on the bed before walking back to grab my towel. I place it back round my hips and flash Sierra a huge grin. I exit it her room trying to prevent myself from going back in there.

I want our first time to be different from anything else she's ever experienced. I want it to be different because it's me. I could see she wasn't ready and I didn't want her to feel obliged just because I was there. I don't want to put any pressure on her, a few more cold showers wouldn't hurt, I try to reassure myself but the thought definitely pains me.

****
The next morning she's awake before me. I enter her bedroom and I hear her already in the shower. Normally I have to wake her up 4 times before she actually gets up, so what's different?

I sit down on her bed and wait for her to come out.
"Shit. What are you doing in here?" She asks startled.
"I came to wake you up." I reply getting up and walking towards her.
"Well... I'm up." She says coldly while walking past me."
"Ok.. clearly you need a few more hours in bed moody." I say jokingly. The look I receive from her suggests she's not in the mood for my sarcastic comments.

"You better fix your attitude before coming into work Miss Blake." I suggest. She stares straight through me before getting up and shutting herself in the bathroom.

I hear her phone chime and a name pops up 'zane' just the look of his name makes my blood boil and why the fucks he texting her. I slide the phone across and to my amusement there's no passcode. The messages I see disgust me

'

"Sierra

"Sierra. Get your ass out here now!" I yell.
Nothing.
"Sierra I mean it."
Still nothing.
I walk into the bathroom and when I see her it breaks my heart. Her eyes are red and swollen and she's sitting in the corner of the room with her head in her hands.

I rush to her and fall to the floor in front of her. I wrap my arms around her trying to comfort her. "What's wrong?"
"I can't do it anymore. The constant dreams. The past it's gonna catch up to me." She sobs into me and I know this has everything to do with Zane.

"Is this about the messages from Zane?"
"How do you know about them?" She asks, looking up at me. I can see the hurt in her eyes, tears stain her cheeks.
"He text you while you were in here and I opened it." I say slightly ashamed.
"You had no right!" She screams standing up.
"You won't tell me anything Sierra. I wanna be here for you but you won't let me in!"
"Maybe I don't want you to involved in my life." It has now turned into a screaming match. What does she mean by not wanting me to get to involved