Chapter 6

Sierra p.o.v
"2 years ago... I had a miscarriage."

As soon as those words left my mouth Nates expression changed. He looked confused, I've never shared this horrific experience with anyone... it feel weird finally opening up about it.

"I see and how far along were you Miss Blake?"

"Ermm- about 3 months I'd only just found out about it." I feel the tears building up as I remember what happened the night I found out.
The nurse and doctor exit the room, leaving me  alone with Nate. I can't even look at him knowing he probably hates me right now.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner love." His face displayed an emotion I've never seen on him before. He looked —- sad.

"It was a long time ago. I've never spoke about it with anyone.

"What happened?" His tone changed and he seemed slightly angry but as though he's trying to hold it back and not let it consume him.

"Something happened with Zane. He used to Ermm abuse me. I tried to push him away but he always got what he wanted. One day I realised i hadn't come on my period and I instantly thought the worse. I text my friend who took me to the doctors. I then found out I was 3 months pregnant. I was hesitant about telling Zane as I knew he didn't want this. He didn't want me half the time. When I did, he was furious he pushed me too the floor and kept kicking me until eventually I held my stomach and when I look down I was bleeding. I felt an excruciating pain but mostly I was numb. I lost my baby. I couldn't even protect myself against him let alone someone else. In some ways it was a blessing but also a tragic lost that I didn't prevent happening ...... I never told anyone. I ran, I thought he'd finally gone but the other day was the first time I'd seen him since." My heart broke as I told him. I lost my baby because I wasn't strong enough to run. The baby was made out of hate but I've never felt love so strong since.

Nate grabbed me and pulled me into him. At first I thought he was angry at me for letting it happen but then I realised his anger wasn't directed at me.

"I'll fucking kill him." My heart stopped when he said this. I'm his assistant why does he care what happened too me.

"Nate it's ok. It's in the past now." I try to reassure him but I can still see the black filling his eyes.

"Miss Blake we're ready for your surgery now." The doctor announces.
Nate gives my hand a quick squeeze before lightly kissing my cheek. Two nurses approach the bed before taking each end and wheeling it out. They inject me with something and I begin to feel really sleepy......

                                     ****

I wake up...... it's dark and silent. I turn onto my side as my breathing picks up. I see a figure sitting in the chair next to me and my mind feels at ease.

"You're awake." He says confidently as if he's being waiting an eternity for me to gain consciousness.

"Yeh." Is all I manage to mutter out. Before I know it I feel myself being pushed over onto the edge of the bed. Nate climbs in readjusting and making himself comfortable. Asshole.
He pulls me down on top of him and wraps his arms around my petite frame. As I lay my head on his chest I can feel his heartbeat increase.

"The surgery was a success! And you didn't lose any vital organs as the infection didn't spread too far."

"Does that mean what I think it means." I jump up as the thought races through my mind.

"Yes. Sierra you're gonna have lots of beautiful babies and they're going to be lucky to have you as a mother." He pulls me back down but this time he flips us over so that he's now on top. He brushes a few loose strands of hair behind my ear. Before kissing my jawline, then my neck and collarbone. He comes back up to my mouth but before I can close the space between us he moves back slightly.

"Sorry." He mutters as he kisses my forehead.
Sorry! Why the fuck is he apologising! He's my boss. I have to remember that before I let anything happen. If something like this happens again it could affect my job and quite frankly I need it.

"I think we should keep this professional. I need this job more than anything else." I blurt quickly. Hurt flashes in his eyes as he listens to my words. I realise it might hurt him but if we do this it could hurt my career even more.

"I take full responsibility for my actions Sierra. But I can't deny my feelings for you. It's inevitable. I like you a lot, more so than a boss should it's evident. Will you atleast let me take you out?" He asks.

Like a date? He wants to take me on a date... my heart flutters as butterflies erupt in my stomach. A huge, genuine smile plasters my face as I think of what it would be like to go on a date with him. He gently presses his index finger onto my forehead taking me out of my train of thought.

"Like a date?"

"Yes Sierra. A date. Will you go on a date with me."

My heart does backflips at his sudden question. Nate Kingston... wants to go on a date with me! A million thoughts run through my head as I think about what the date could lead to.
Not that you sicko.
Ok maybe that aswell. Then I remember... if this doesn't go well, will I lose my job? Because honestly my job needs to come before my love life. I've been quiet for a while, debating what to say. Nate decides to break the silence and I can tell my lack of response has hurt him or atleast bruised his ego slightly.

"If it's too soon we can wait. I'll wait for you Sierra. We'll only do what you're comfortable with and in your own time.."
the seriousness of this conversation is consuming me and I can't keep it up for long. I jump onto his lap and straddle him in my arms.

"Nate Kingston wants a normal relationship?"

He laughs at my sudden boost of confidence before moving his hands. He places one around my waist, steadying me and then other on my cheek gently rubbing small circles.

"I meant a date but if you're ready for a relationship." He laughs tormentingly. Shit. I've really messed up now. My cheeks flush a deep red as I realise what I assumed and what I said out loud.

"What about my job. I need this job Nate I can't lose it over this." He looks at me intently before replacing that gorgeous smile of his.

"Even if this-" He says indicating between us... "Doesn't work out, you'll still have your job Love. I'm not completely heartless." He reassures me about my job and soon I'm a bit more reluctant to the idea.

"Okay."
"Okay, you'll go on a date with me or.."
"Yes I'll go on a date with you. I mean if you still want to." A huge smile paints his face as if he's been tortured by this question forever. He pulls my face down to his level and before I know it he attacks my lips. His tongue grazes my lips, looking for entrance and I immediately let him. This isn't like others, somethings different. Before I never had butterflies, my heart never sped up and I didn't feel like I was high just by their touch. But with Nate everything's different. I feel alive just by the mention of him.

I slowly pull away, much to his dismay.
"When will we go?"
"As soon as you're well beautiful." He announces before pulling me back into his embrace.

We lay still for a while and the noise of his light snores indicate that he's finally fallen asleep. I take that as my queue to also go to sleep. I mean it's not like I can go anywhere when I'm tangled up in his arms.

I reach for my phone and see it's 11pm, that's plenty of time to sleep. I rest my head back on the pillow and eventually fall asleep.

Please vote for this chapter by pressing the star. Also take a look at my other book new rules...... Nate and Sierra finally had their first kiss and I can't deny the tears I had while writhing this.... enjoy reading

- mads x