Chapter 19

Sierra p.o.v
I slowly make my way out of the bath and place some comfy clothes on. I brush my teeth and quickly wash my face before getting back into bed.

Nate knows how much I hate being put on bed rest yet he continuously does it.

He hasn't been back yet and I'm not sure if he's gone to work or if he's in his office. I decide to go check his office.

After 2 minutes I'm already out of bed, defying Nates strict orders seems to be my specialty. I sure am good at it.

I walk towards the office and see the door slightly ajar. I knock gently to see Nate typing hurriedly on his laptop.

I slowly walk in as he lifts his head to see me. He looks annoyed and I can probably guess why.

"I told you to stay in bed. What part of that didn't you understand?" He growls.

"I was bored." I whine knowing I probably sound like an annoying teenager.

Nate sighs before moving back in his chair.

"Can I help you?" I ask knowing he'll probably say no but that won't stop my insistent asking.

"No." Exactly what I thought.

"Nate please. I'm bored upstairs on my own." I continue to pout.

"Come here." He orders. I hesitantly walk towards him, keeping some distance between us.

He snakes his arms around me and pulls me down onto his lap.

"What are you doing?"

"You said you were bored so you can stay here with me." He states as if it's obvious. I quickly adjust; nuzzling my head against his chest, my arm holds him tightly to me as I sit there quietly listening to the sound of his heartbeat.

"When's the doctor coming?"

"He can't make it. Why are you feeling ill again?" A concerned look covers his face. I shake my head in disagreement.

"As soon as I've finished this report I'm taking you to the hospital."

"Hospital? Again? Nate I practically live at the hospital. I'm there so much I should start paying rent." I giggle.

Nate continues to write his report as I watch him intently. My eyes slowly start to shut as I fall unconscious on him.

"Sierra wake up love." I hear Nates voice awakening me. I slowly look up to see him looking down at me with sparkling eyes.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks.

"Mmhmm." I mutter trying to get up but Nate holds me to him.

He stands up with me in his arms and proceeds to put me in the passenger seat of his car.

The drive was silent- but not an awkward silence more like a comfortable 'I'm still very sleepy and may punch you in the face if you try to talk to me' silence. Eventually, we pull up outside the hospital.

"Nate I really don't think this is necessary." I whine, pleading with him not to make me see the doctor. I hate hospitals so many people have died here and it's all gloomy and shit.

"Sierra you're going even if I have to put my over my shoulder and carry you all the way there." Nate demands. I know he's not to be tried so I walk infront of him while entering the large hospital.

I can't believe I'm back here after only a week! I may aswell live here I'm here that often. I can't remove the annoyed look off my face or the sarcastic tone in my voice. This only seems to annoy Nate further.