Chapter 23

Sierra p.o.v
Nate left an hour ago, he said he was tired and asked if I could finish his contracts. Obviously, I agreed as it's my job but I can't deny I wish I was at home with him right now.

He said he'd send Taylor to pick me up so I decide to finish up for the night and head downstairs. The office is now empty as I'm one of the last ones here.

As I go to leave the building I hear a feminine voice call me back. I turn to see the new receptionist waving a letter around. I head back in to receive it from her.

On the front of the letter it says 'do not open this letter until you reach the penthouse.' I decide to obey Nates orders for once and put the envelope in my purse.

I head back outside to see Taylor waiting outside the black SUV he opens the door for me and greets me formally.

"Evening Miss Blake."

"I think we're past the formality Taylor, you can call me Sierra." He nods and then jumps in the car.

The drive seems slower than usual but I'm not sure if that's because I'm so eager to read the letter or because Taylor really is driving slow.

Eventually we pull up at the penthouse and i run towards the elevator. As soon as I'm inside the elevator I rip open the envelope to reveal the letter.

'I'm going to try again.' It reads. Try What again? God he's annoying with his half answered answers, I laugh to myself.

As the doors to the elevator slowly open I'm met by a dimly lit room. I look to my right to see a trail of rose petals on the ground and candles lighting the way. I follow the trail into the kitchen where I find another letter.

'Keep looking.'

The trail continues leading me out of the kitchen a different way and back around to the living room: they then fall upon the piano. I walk towards the piano where a song sheet lies

'Love me like you do.'

The trail then heads up the stairs and towards my old room. I continue to follow but I can't hide my agitation as I just want to find Nate now. I open the door to see a letter on the bed.

'Nursery?' I laugh at this one as Nate keeps pestering me about which room will be the baby's.

I then walk into the bathroom where I find another letter and pray this is the last one.

'Just kidding! Come find me in our room love.'

Finally, I kinda knew he'd be there already but didn't want to waste all of his hard work and romantic gesture.

I run into our room and am welcomed by candle light and rose petals scattered around the floor. On the bed they spell out 'marry me.'

Tears begin to form in my eyes as I realise the depth Nate's gone to make this special. I'm then greeted by Nate coming out of the bedroom wearing a black tux with a matching bowtie and a beaming smile.

"Will you?" He asks gesturing to the question on the bed.

I run into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist and kissing him until I can't breathe any longer. Tears fall down my cheeks as my smile matches Nates.

"Is that a "

"Yes." I say interrupting him.

He again captures my lips before whispering

"I love you." He places me onto the floor then kneels down and kisses my stomach "and you."

This is the life I've always dreamt of.