Hidden Truths

I was speechless. My brain refused to think of anything. I shouldn't be surprised. The Prince was like this. Pressure build behind my eyes.

"I guess they must be crazy," I heard myself say. "Yeah, they're crazy."

I kept my gaze on the desk. Yeah, he was crazy. He would do something like this. But why now of all times? He got what he wanted so, why had he come back? What was he thinking?

But I couldn't let anyone get involved. Especially not the Prince. If only I could take to Sonia. She would know what to do. She knew the first time.

"It doesn't matter," I continued. "It's a joke anyways.

The Prince grabbed my chin and forced my head up. "You're mine," he whispered.

My body trembled. I pulled my head away from his hand and he let me go.

"You and him aren't so different," I whispered.

"Him? What are you talking about? There's only me."

"Ready to start?" the Tutor asked.

I turned away. "Yeah," I whispered.

#

Biting my nail, I looked down at my cellphone. Should I text Sonia? If she knew what had happened, she would answer. She had to. Who else was I supposed to trust?

My parents would put under house arrest. I wouldn't be able to leave the house without permission or guards. I also couldn't tell the Prince. He wouldn't understand. He wouldn't care. Why should he? He only cared about himself. 'Dating?' That was just a joke too.

I looked at the time. Half past 12 am. Would she be awake? I had to try.

'Sonia, I got a letter from him.'

I pressed send. Hopefully, she would know what I was talking about. I stared down at my cellphone but she wasn't replying. What if she didn't reply?

I took a deep breath. I should go to sleep. That would help me.

In the darkness of my room, I snuggled underneath my covers. Even when I closed my eyes, sleep wouldn't come. My phone didn't buzz. Sonia was probably asleep.

Time stretched. My brained refused to sleep.

Why would anyone do that?

How could the Prince say something like that? Sure, I wasn't like the woman he was used to hanging around but that didn't give me the right to say something like that.

"You're such an a$$," I muttered. "I'm sorry I'm not your type. Sheesh. Why can't he be more tactful?"

"If you talk to yourself, people are going to start thinking you're crazy."

I flinched. Of course he was around. How could I forget. He was there when no one wanted him around. I pulled the comforter over my head.

"I'm trying to sleep."

"Doesn't seem like it."

"What are you doing here anyways?" I asked. "Go home."

"I'm your boyfriend."

"No, you're a stalker."

"Then, I'm your bodyguard."

I couldn't say anything. He was partially right. Like always the Prince was just being confusing again.

"Have you figured out who's framing you?" I asked. "I would think that would be your biggest concern."

"There are other things I must do first," he replied.