4.

The night is breezy, bringing with it the scents of the forest ; oak, paterson, mulberry, yew, abis nobilis, acacia dealbata, acer burgerianum, betula pendula Dalecarlica, buxus sempervirens, castanea sativa and so many others, the smell of a small river and the living creatures in the trees ; owl, squirrel, hare, rodent, fox.

There is no sound coming from it and in that moment I know the prey is running from the big bad wolf. I listen to the silence, it's telling me more than any cry would. The absence of noise tells me that the hunting beast is agile and light on its paws, the absence of its scent that it's smart, the fear coming from the forest itself that it's powerful. I stay a while, just listening, hearing the faint crack of a twig, seeing a few flashes of white in the darkness, deep in the woods, smelling the wafts of Nates fresh scent. His wolf is magnificent, like nothing I've ever seen before, and I've seen a lot. The wolf is taller than the average, his muscles stronger, his jaws bigger, deadlier, more powerful. And his fur is so white it seems the Moon herself is shining upon us. I close my eyes.

Divine.

After minutes go by, I finally stir myself away and get inside. I'm about to enter the main lobby when I hear someone whistle. I lazily look up to find a man lying lazily on a white couch in front of a huge screen, his face turned toward me. He's not bad looking, with his long dark hair falling in his brown eyes and I can tell he works out but I'm not interested. Not now, not ever again. Not when I compare him or anyone else to Nate. He's too skinny, his hair too long, his eyes too dull and everything about this man in front of me is average in comparison.

"What do we have here ?" The man asks seductively.

I gag.

"Never seen yah before." He continues, walking towards me.

'Don't let him get close.' My wolf growls.

"And you won't see me again." I reply calmly.

"Feisty." He whistles again.

I don't like that habit of his.

"What's your name Sexy ?"

"None of your business Ugly."

This only wins me a diabolical smile. His indecent stare glazing over my body makes me shiver in discomfort. Like a predator he gets closer and grabs my arm more forcefully than necessary.

"I asked you a question." He says threateningly.

"Am I supposed to be scared ?" I inquire with a smug smile.

His grip tightens around my skin and I growl even though he's not hurting me. Even in a million years he couldn't hurt me.

Poor little puppy.

"Show some respect woman."

His fingers snake to my nape and grab firmly at my hair, his putrid breath blowing over my face.

"How about we both have some fun ?"

I close my eyes disgusted at the thought, my skin burning unpleasantly.

"Look here, Quasimodo, I've been more than patient with you. But I think that's enough." I sigh as I grab his wrist with my other hand and twist it to make it really hurt.

"Let go of me, you dirty mutt." He yells as he jumps and turns to make me let go of him but I only increase the pressure on his arm. Tired and getting hungrier by the second I hit him hard in the back of his leg, making him fall face first. The next moment he's yapping on the floor, my foot in the middle of his back as my hand is pulling at his arm in an awkward angle, almost dislocating it. With a little more force I'll tear it off his body entirely but I'm still pondering on that. That would definitely teach him a lesson on how to address a lady but on the other hand I probably would get in trouble for it.