28.

"Hope ! Hope !" Jordan shouts from the entrance of the airport, waving his hands in the air. "Over here !" He speaks up excitedly.

I fasten my pace to reach him letting Nate take care of my three luggage and his, Noriko following a little behind.

That's what men are for, isn't it ?

"Hey little guy." I ruffle his hair. "You drove here ? Came to get me ? Thanks."

"No silly." He giggles, music to my ears. "Jared drove. And I came with him."

"Well that's nice of you."

"So ? Was it fun ? Did you fight another monster ? I asked my dad because I wanted to come too but he said no." He sighs and looks down.

"Maybe next time ?" I offer.

He looks up at me his eyes shining in anticipation.

"We'll go on a boat and fight a giant shark ! And we'll climb down a deep hole into the earth and find a lot of treasures !"

"Sounds like a plan." I agree as we walk to the parking lot.

"Awesome ! I'll ask my dad again !"

"I don't think Leo is going to let a six year old leave the pack and travel alone." Jared mumbles helping his alpha get the bags in the trunk of his car.

"He wouldn't go alone. I'd be there." I roll my eyes.

"That's even worse." He laughs.

...

Let's stay calm.

I help Jordan in, help him fasten his seat belt. Nate sits himself on the passenger seat without waiting or saying anything while Jared closes the trunk and walks around me to the conductor's seat. The moment he opens his door I push my heel in the top of his left calf, bending his knee forward. He loses his balance and falls his face first on the top of the car.

"OOOOWWWW !" He bellows, his hands covering his nose which is dripping red.

"That's for trying to be smart with me." I shrug smirking.

"Seriously ?! Are you five ? Dammit this hurts !" He grunts out.

I observe him for a second, thinking.

"You know, you're kind of weak for a wolf." I declare.

"Excuse me ?" He exclaims offended.

"Well, that's true ! Since we met you've had that nose broken at least four times."

"And whose fault do you you think it was ?" He hisses angrily glancing at the inside of the car.

'The kid's got a point. You hit him a couple of times yourself and Nate did too out of jealousy, let's underline that last fact.'

"Yeah but see, either your reflexes are poor or its the concentration of calcium in your bones that's lacking."

"It's neither of those things. I just never thought I needed to protect myself when I'm near you."

"And that, kids, was his first mistake." I nod in agreement.

I hear a loud sigh and a door opening and closing shut.

"I should have known you two can't stay civilized for more than five seconds." Nate complains.

"Then we're lucky he wasn't with us on that trip." I reply.

"You're the only one that acts like a child and is uncivilized." Jared defends himself, wiping at the last drops of dried blood over his mouth.

"Stop talking and go sit in the car." Nate orders and we follow suit.