37.

Warning. The following chapter depicts violence as it is about the fight of the coalition against the rogues. I put a lot of details in these scenes. So if you don't like reading about violence (which I completely understand) you just have to tell me and I'll try to adapt it and write another version, softer, with less details, in parallel to this one. Same goes for chapter 38.

*****

Everyone is jittering around, running about aimlessly. The enemy is two weeks early, not that it couldn't be expected if they intended to surprise us. No one would give the exact time and place for an attack beforehand.

'Except you.'

It worked.

'Then what are you talking about ?'

Well, I'm awesome and perfect, no plan of mine can go wrong but these children aren't smart enough.

'Cheeky human.'

Right back at you wolf. You're just pissed because you bet I wouldn't succeed at the time.

'I'm sure you cheated.'

"So what are we doing ?" George, Boston's alpha asks smiling in anticipation.

"Obviously we attack." Isanov declares in a thick Russian accent.

"We should wait." Talia shakes her head in negation while Lincoln simply watches them in silence.

The small group of leaders gathered inside Nate's office as soon as they heard the news. I don't understand why they are all panicking, we'll be fine.

I'm here.

'HA HA HA HA HA ! You're so full of yourself !' My wolf bursts out laughing.

I can't wait for the fight to start, my blood is running sharply in my veins to my muscles and I can't wait to stretch. It's been such a long time since I last saw people fighting like that, centuries. There's a small part of me that still worries about the pups and my friends though. Still I wouldn't mind if Gabe or Cory were to die.

'Harsh.'

But true.

'You know you won't really be able to fight right ?'

What ?

'How am I the voice of reason here ?!'

Voice of stupidity I'd say. Of course I'll fight.

'Then nobody else needs to fight.'

We can't do that.

'Make your decision already woman ! Really, you're unbelievable. When I say 'no' you say 'yes' and when I say 'yes' you go with 'no'.'

Well I can't be the only one fighting because they need to know how to defend themselves. Who knows, I might not be around next time. But I'll help if I can, I won't stay on the sidelines.'

'You'll watch over them then ?'

Something like that.

'I feel like you're cheating, it's weird.' I can almost see the frown on its face.

It's weird because this time we're up against the Sun.

'No we're not.' My wolf denies. 'These people have nothing to do with him and his ambitions.'

"Willow, do you see anything ?" Talia inquires to her oracle.

"No." She frowns. "Everything is still uncertain. It's as if they still haven't made their decision yet."