32.

1, 2, 3...

'...'

An ugly potato.

'I have no words.'

A creepy old dude without his teeth.

'How ?'

The screeching sound of nails against a blackboard.

'When ?'

Blood. A lot of blood... no that's actually a great sight...

'I can't believe I missed so much.'

Hairless cats.

'What's the deal with them anyway ? They are really ugly creatures. Wait, that's not the point ! How did this even happen ?!'

Damn it ! Let me focus !

'WHY IS NATE IN YOUR BED ?!'

I glimpse to my right at the sleeping handsome man next to me. His face is buried in my neck, his breath grazing my skin, which is unbelievably distracting if you ask me, and his hand is around my waist. It sneaked under my shirt during the night without me realizing. Even more distracting. My whole body is buzzing with energy, it's almost like the longer he touches me the higher the voltage is getting. I have goosebumps on my arms and even though I'm desperately trying to calm down I can't, my heart beating so fast now that I'm afraid I don't have long before succumbing to a heart attack.

I lived a long life. I don't have any regrets.

'As if !'

I woke up almost half an hour ago and of course my wolf started overreacting and screaming in my ears immediately.

'I don't overreact.' It huffs.

I can't calm down enough for my eyes to turn back to normal. They are shining a bright red and I have a feeling that if I keep staring at the same spot on the wall for too long I'll start a fire without intending to.

'Don't be ridiculous that can't happen.' My wolf grumbles and I'm sure it's rolling its eyes.

Wanna bet ? I dare it.

'Don't you dare.' It hisses. 'This is a one in a lifetime opportunity. I swear I will personally kill you if you wake him up now.'

You can't get rid of me.

'Doesn't mean I won't try.' It warns me.

It's been purring like a cat for a while now, rather embarrassing.

'DID YOU CALL ME A CAT ?!' It bellows outraged and I smirk.

Well it's true. There's this incessant purring sound in my head since earlier and I'm not the one doing it.

My wolf mumbles something incoherent and I smile a little. It really likes being near its mate. And I do too. There is no denying the effect the contact of our skins has on my body. It's soothing and cleansing at the same time, replenishing my energy.

I can hear people starting their day outside, bustling around in the corridors and some starting their training in the garden. However I have no intention to move whatsoever. I'm in heaven right where I am. After all they can manage without me.

'Not sure about that.'

Well for now it'll have to do.

I panicked a little when I heard Jared looking for Nate but he never thought his alpha could be in my room, IN MY BED, and eventually he moved on to his other tasks.