35.

His eyes are as white as ever but this time I'm not the only one witnessing it.

I told you I wasn't hallucinating !

'Well we can never be sure with you.'

I focus on him and realize he is glaring at me.

What now ?

'Might have something to do with the man hugging you right now.'

But I'm hot !

'Don't care. Move.'

I step back from Ben's embrace and Nate's jaw twitches. The whispers around us are growing at an alarming speed and the pack members are watching their alpha with worry in their eyes.

It's just a colour, get over it.

'You're only saying that because you like the fact that now he has a different eye colour just like you.'

But look at them, they are beautiful. Really pure.

'I wonder what your pups eyes will look like.'

I choke on air like an insane person and I can feel my cheeks reddening.

Are you going mad ?!

'Just saying.' My wolf scoffs and I roll my eyes.

I feel Jared growing uneasy beside me, he obviously doesn't know what to do or how to help his alpha and from what I can tell it's scaring him but most of all he seems frustrated.

Nate's eyes are shining brightly, no trace of gold or green and his breath seems shallow. He can't calm down for some reason and it's allowing his power to seep through the air in waves, hitting the ones around him, the weakest of them cowering away involuntarily. I move quickly to go around the table and stop in front of the alpha who hasnt stopped looking at me, his stare sending shivers down my spine.

"Close your eyes." I instruct and he clenches his teeth. "Just do it." I add my eyes softening.

He nods sharply and obeys, his lids fluttering shut. The tension disappears instantly and a few sigh in relief, the invisible hand pushing down on their shoulders no longer there.

"Try and count to ten." I murmur only for him to hear, the curious stares already grating on my nerves.

I knew tonight was going to be a headache.

Nate opens his eyes for a second as we both hear Jared come closer and they are still shining in pure white.

'This won't work. He can't calm down with so many people around.'

Then what ? I make them focus on me instead ? I offer starting to panic.

'Or you could both go somewhere else and help him calm down without all these onlookers.' My wolf replies as if addressing a five year-old.

That too.

I reach for his hand and sense the goosebumps forming on my arms immediately, his skin is warm and his anger and power are oozing off of him, hitting relentlessly at my skin. I smirk. I can't help it. Even in this situation I can't help but be impressed by this powerful man.

It's just hot.

'You and power... an unhealthy relationship I'll tell you that.'

"Sir." Jared tries calmly but Nate's shoulders tense in response.

"Jared, if you don't mind we'll step aside for a while."

"Sure." He nods instantly relieved as I seem to know what to do.