10.

"Jared ? What happened to you ?" Someone exclaims the next morning during breakfast when the beta enters the room.

I can't help the smirk appearing on my face as I bite in my toast. As usual the room is full and jovial. This is really a nice place, they don't seem to worry much.

'That's not really a good thing.'

"Oh my god Jared !" Someone else panics.

The room quietens and they all start to murmur. I look up to find a sulking Jared, bandaged from head to toe, he almost looks like a mommy. One of his legs and both his arms are in a cast.

I burst out laughing and can't stop anymore. My stomach hurts from the lack of air and I can't help the tears running from my eyes when faced with this scene. His face is hilarious as he glares at me, his jaw tightly closed, a bandage around his head and with a purple crooked nose.

Definitely broken.

'You said you didn't hit him too hard.' My wolf hisses.

Oh, come on, he's fine.

I wipe at my tears and try to find my breath but the more I look at him the more it makes me laugh. He wobbles towards me without a word while the others watch intently. He sits in front of me and winces as he does so before relaxing.

"You're not supposed to laugh at someone's misfortune." He mumbles grabbing one of the toasts in my plate.

"Watch it pup." I warn him.

"Your fault. I can't really walk." He replies with a shrug.

At least he's not pouting about it.

I know you're feeling better than you're pretending to be. I didn't hit you that hard."

His eyes open wide, bulging in their sockets and he fakes a gasp.

"Are you kidding me. The doc said every one of my bones was broken."

"You'll heal." I roll my eyes.

"Thanks by the way, for abandoning me on the porch like that."

Okay, so I might have dropped him in front of the door but I knew someone would find him. Eventually.

"You'll heal." I repeat myself.

"So," He starts hesitating "was is really some kind of magic ?

I can see his pessimism in his eyes.

"Why don't you believe in it ?" I inquire curious.

"Well, until yesterday I never saw any proof of it."

"Again, you're a werewolf."

"I know but that's different."

"How so ?"

"I don't know." He shrugs. "I guess I never saw it that way. But what was it really ?" He insists.

"If you really want to know it's an ancestral Japanese technique."

I gave them the idea. But who needs to know.

"Do you remember last time when I talked about kitsunes ?" He nods and I continue. "Well most of them can do such things. It's like their secret weapon."

"Then how does it work ?"

I look at him seriously and he bends over the table ready to know all the secrets of the world.

"First, you need to find fairy dust and then a dragon scale."

He starts to frown when I say fairy and my face breaks into a wide smile."