9.

This time Roger comes up to the group.

"For the next event you'll have to stand right where you are but use all your senses to guess five things. We have hidden five objects around the perimeter and you'll have to tell us what they are. Each of you will be given a piece of paper and a pen to write it down." He says in a small voice, still his instructions are clear. He hands us the materials and the clearing quiets down.

I close my eyes to let my wolf take control of my sense without them noticing my red pupils.

What ? That's not cheating, there are already three completely turned werewolves around me, using all their animal abilities, so I can at least do that. I frown and open my eyes. I wave at Roger for him to come join me since I can't move from my spot.

"I don't know what's supposed to be there or not." I murmur. "I can't distinguish something that's supposed to be there from something that is not."

"Right..." He glances over his shoulder and Nate walks to us.

"Sorry. I didn't think about that." He apologizes.

"It's fine. Can I just write down what I notice seems out of place ? I might not find the five objects though."

"Alright, give it a try." He nods.

I concentrate back on my environment, take a big whiff at the air, listen to the sounds. I write down my answers on the sheet of paper and wait for the others to finish.

'Don't forget to write you name.' My wolf scolds.

Right !

'That's why you were never good in school. This big head of yours is full of air.'

I wasn't that bad. I defend myself but do as she said and add my name.

Roger collects the papers and the judges go back to their seats to study them.

"Congratulations. Most of you recognized the alarm clock in the woods, the knife under one of the mats on the left side of the clearing and the bottle of perfume in Rogers pocket." Nate starts. "However, only three people were able to identify all five objects. Leah, Jared and Hope. Please come forth."

The three of us march up to him and wait for the rest.

"You correctly guessed about the tray of food in the parking lot and the piece of concrete obstructing the river."

Jared can't help the smile on his face, his entire body showing his pride.

"Usually I would reward all three of you but there are some things that I would like to know first."

The smile is quickly wiped from Jareds face as Nate turns around towards the spectators.

"Is there someone on the first steps on the right side of the benches with a bacon, tomato, salad, butter and egg sandwich ?" He reads off the paper.

"Here." A man stands up to answer.

"Is there anything else in it ?"

"No sir."

"Did you take it out ?"

"No sir, I kept it in my bag the entire time."

"Alright. Thank you." He nods. "Next, is there someone with a child's wooden toy ?

"Yes." A mother replies.

"Is it a truck with four moving wheels ?"

"Yes alpha."