So, About John.

Heyyyyy!

*Gets rocks thrown at*

IM SORRY I KNOW I'VE BEEN GONE FOR A LONG TIME! But it's not only here, I've been absent in all of my other stories too!

*More rocks*

Okay that didn't really help my case, I'm sorry guys! I've been distracted by school lately since I had to get good grades to have a cat.

(I did get my cat btw and she's perfect thank you very much, now onto the issue)

There's this thing, I guess trend you could say? With John lately, I'm reading less Lams fanfics each day because honestly the way they portray John has become increasingly annoying and I think it's something that needs to be addressed already.

(Also shoutout to AKfreakin47 for actually talking about this, thank you mate 👏🙌).

So imma start this simply.

John Laurens is not a girl.

He's not the woman of the relationship because guess what? GAY RELATIONSHIPS CONSIST OF TWO MEN! And just because he's often portrayed as a bottom doesn't mean that he's a girl with a dick because not all bottoms act feminine as fuck! BOTTOMS ARE GUYS! GAY MEN ARE MEN!

And it's more and more that you see John being portrayed as this feminine helpless bratty sweetheart but guess what? John was a soldier! He killed a bunch of people and could take care of himself, he did not spend the war in a dress crying for Alexander.

And it's not the musical's fault, the musical did a great job actually I mean John's first lines are literally about beating people up and is response to shooting Charles Lee is freaking "I'm satisfied" so I have no idea where do people get the idea that John is a helpless girl with a dick.

Oh and that's not even the worse part. Trans headcanons are good, great actually. There's nothing wrong with them. You know what's not good? When you take a male character, and make him transgender to make him more feminine. That's fucked up.

And there's this person who I don't want to name, who went as far as making John a transgender male, make him have a child, AND THEN MAKE THAT CHILD CALL HIM "MOMMY"

"MOMMY"

I don't think people even realize how fucked up and transphobic that is, I mean transgender people don't want to be fucking misgendered by their own child. A trans man would like to be called "dad" by their child why the fuck would they like to be called "mom"? That's not cute, that's straight up transphobic. And why does a child need a mom and a dad!? They're gay dudes, they're both the dads! I don't want read fanfics about gay people that act like a straight couple only that one of them has a dick, because if I did I would just read fanfics about straight shippings.

So yeah, John was not a girl or defenseless.

Transgender men don't want to be misgendered by their children.

Gay couples have two men, not a man and a woman. Those are straight couples.

This shit brings me back to Yaoi animes, and that's something I do not want to revive.