Bad News - Chap. 13

Chapter 13

After Camila has cooled down a little bit, she walks back home. She has thrown the picnic table around and kicked it multiple times to get her anger out. She still feels furious, but she has let most of it out by now.

She can’t believe that she just let Lauren in so easily. She should have known better. She knows that everybody that comes into her life gets taken away from her, and she doesn’t want that to happen with Lauren.

Never before has she felt so stupid. She has been trying so hard to hide herself, to hide her story for so long, and now she just told Lauren one of the most important events in her life. She feels vulnerable. She even had tears in her eyes. She can’t stand the fact that she let herself be weak and open in front of Lauren.

Then there was that look on Lauren’s face. She looked so scared because of her. Camila knows that she wouldn’t have hurt the girl, but Lauren feared that she would. Camila feels guilty that she let the girl feel that way, and that she told her to leave once again.

Camila sighs when she gets to the front door of her house, but before she reached it, the door swings open. Tyler is standing there, looking at her questioningly.

‘’Where’s Lauren?’’ he asks.

Camila just looks up from under her hood and shakes her head, not wanting to deal with her guilt and Tyler. She walks past him and walks to the living room. Tyler closes the door and goes after her quickly, feeling suspicious about his friend's behavior.

‘’Where is she? What happened?’’ he asks again. Camila sighs.

‘’I just got angry, and told her to leave me alone.’’ Camila answeres simply.

‘’You what?’’ Tyler half yells. Camila lets herself fall onto the couch, while Tyler takes a seat across from her.

‘’You heard me.’’ Camila replies shortly.

‘’God Camila, please tell me you didn’t hurt her.’’ Tyler says desperately. Camila keeps looking down, refusing to meet the boy’s gaze.

‘’No. I didn’t.’’

‘’Then what happened?’’ Tyler urges, wanting to know if Lauren is alright. Camila sighs heavily once more before she replies, knowing he won't stop asking questions if she doesn't give him some answers.

‘’I told her how I got burned.’’ Tyler’s mouth falls open a little, his eyes growing wide. He did not expect Camila to open up to Lauren at all; turns out she told her something really big.

‘’What did she say?’’ he asks, curious for Lauren’s reaction.

‘’She basically told me that I couldn’t hide the rest of my life, and I got mad and told her to leave me the fuck alone.’’ Camila says quickly, wanting to get this conversation over with.