Bad News - Chap. 14

Chapter 14

It is Monday morning, and Lauren is sitting in her car on the school parking lot. She knows she has to get out of the car, but she can’t bring herself to move. She doesn’t want to go inside and face Camila. Not after what happened Saturday.

After Camila got angry and sent Lauren away, she got into her car and drove a few blocks. Then she stopped the car and let her tears fall freely. She had no idea what she had done or said wrong, and it scared her that Camila reacted the way she did.

After she had calmed down enough to be able to drive again, she went home. She had gone straight to her room and hadn’t come until dinner. After that, she locked herself away again. Lauren felt lost. She had no idea what Camila would do when she saw her again, and she knew for a fact that she wouldn’t get any answers to all the questions she has.

Tyler would like to answer some of them, she knows that. But she also knows that it’s not Tyler’s place to tell her about Camila. And Camila told her to leave her alone, so there wasn’t much that Lauren could do now.

Camila throwing around the picnic table, was a scene that didn’t leave Lauren’s mind for the rest of the weekend. She kept thinking about how angry she was, and how scared Lauren felt because of that. In the far back of her mind, she knew that Camila wouldn’t hurt her, but she didn’t want to push her luck.

Then there was Normani. She kept calling Lauren on Sunday, wanting to know everything about Tyler. Lauren had almost forgotten about her lie to her. She tried to avoid the conversation by not picking up her phone, and ignoring her text messages.

That didn’t seem to stop Normani though, because after about ten missed calls, the house phone rang. Clara came up to her room with the phone in her hands, telling Lauren that Normani asked for her. Lauren had no choice but to take the phone from her mom and talk to Normani, because she didn’t want her mom or friend to get suspicious.

Lauren had told Normani that she was doing her homework, and therefore couldn’t answer her phone. Normani accepted the excuse, because she knew that Lauren was always studying. But that didn’t keep her from asking questions about Tyler.

Lauren lied to her by saying that they just hung out for a little while and nothing really happened. She also told Normani that she wasn’t interested in Tyler romantically, and said that Normani should go after him if she wanted to, if they ever saw him again. Because of this, Normani quickly forgot about Lauren and hung up the phone to daydream about the brown haired boy.

Lauren can’t help but smile a little at the memory of her over excited friend. She knows that if Tyler ever shows up again, Normani will be all over him. Poor boy, she thinks. Lauren takes a deep breath and reaches her hand out to the passenger’s seat to grab her bag, when she hears a knock on the door.

Lauren grabs her bag, and turns to the door. Her eyes widen when she stares right in Camila’s brown eyes. Camila has her hood on, and looks at Lauren, a small smile on her lips. She motions for Lauren to get out of the car and takes a step back to give her the space to step out.

Lauren takes a deep breath, feeling the nerves already rushing through her body, before she opens the door, mentally preparing herself for this conversation. She isn’t sure if she even wants to talk to Camila. What is she going to do? Is she still angry? Lauren figures that she probably just wants to tell her that she couldn’t tell anybody about Camila’s secret.