Bad News - Chap. 29

Chapter 29

She took a deep breath and linked her hand with Camila’s. ‘’Okay, I’m ready.’’ She said and they both started to make their way to the front doors of the school, their hands never leaving each other.

The few people that were standing outside of the school stopped their conversations when Lauren and Camila walked passed them. Camila had her head down, hiding her face, while Lauren tried to look everywhere but at the people around her.

Camila squeezed her hand just before they entered the school, and Lauren took a deep breath. There were so many people in the hallways, and it seemed like they all stopped talking and started staring. It was dead quiet, and Lauren felt like all eyes were on them.

She felt her face heat up, and she felt the overwhelming urge to let go of Camila’s hand, just to make them stop looking at her. Lauren looked down, just like Camila did, and her grip on her girlfriend’s hand tightened. She didn’t want to let go of her, she needed her by her side. And she was there.

Camila squeezed her hand again and started to softly caress the back of her hand with her thumb. She let Lauren through the hallways, everybody in their way moving to the side to let them through. Lauren could hear the soft sound of whispering, and saw a few pointing fingers. She knew this was going to happen.

Those disgusted eyes, the blaming fingers, the judgmental looks. Lauren felt herself getting nauseous, her head started pounding and her heart hammered in her chest. She felt dizzy, and she looked like she had just seen a ghost. All the color was drained from her face, and her legs were shakingly following Camila’s lead.

Her grip on her hand tightened even more, and Camila slightly looked up to her girlfriend. She noticed the paleness of Lauren’s face, and saw her shaking. Camila turned left and pulled Lauren into the bathroom. She locked the door behind her and looked at her.

Lauren couldn’t breathe; it felt like all the air around her was being stolen away from her. She didn’t get any air into her lungs, and the world was spinning around her quickly. Camila lifted her up and set her down on the sinks, getting in between her legs.

She reached her hands up to Lauren’s face and made her look at her. ‘’Lauren, breathe.’’ She said calmly. Lauren nodded and tried to do what she said. She drew in a slow shaky breath, her hands reaching up to Camila’s and she placed them over hers.

‘’Good. Again. Take a deep breath.’’ Camila whispered to her. Lauren did as she was told and breathed in loudly. Her heart was slowing down, and her breathing started to slowly get back to normal. Her head was still pounding furiously, and everything was spinning around her. Camila lifted her off the sink, and held her while Lauren stood on her still shaking legs.

Camila pulled her into her, wrapping her arms around Lauren’s waist to steady her. Lauren buried her face in Camila’s chest and couldn’t hold back her tears anymore. Camila just held her and kissed the side of her head soothingly.

Lauren closed her eyes, and took in Camila’s sent. Surprisingly, her nausea started to fade, and her surroundings started to slowly stop spinning. ‘’It’s okay baby. It’s okay.’’ Camila kept whispering to her, trying to get Lauren to calm down completely.