Bad News - Chap. 36

Chapter 36

Lauren turned off the engine of her car and sighed. She looked up to open garage door. She hated herself for making Camila worry about her. She never meant to do that. Lauren just hoped that Camila wouldn’t get mad at her for ignoring her and talking to Ally.

Lauren took another deep breath, opened the door and got out. She closed it behind her and turned around to cross the street to the garage. The sound of a closing door pulled Camila’s attention to it, and she slowly walked outside.

When she looked the way she thought the sound came from, she saw her. ‘’Thank God.’’ She whispered to herself as she started to walk towards Lauren. Lauren kept walking too and smiled at her when Camila’s steps quickened.

The second that Lauren was within arm’s reach, Camila pulled her into her tightly. Her arms circled around Lauren’s waist tightly and held the girl to her as close as possible. Lauren’s arms reached around Camila’s neck, feeling the strong arms around her pull their bodies tightly against each other.

‘’Are you okay?’’ Camila asked into Lauren’s shoulder. Lauren could hear the worry in her girlfriend’s voice and she nodded. ‘’Yeah Camz, I’m okay.’’ She answered softly. Camila pulled away from her and grabbed her hand to lead her to the couch inside the garage.

They both sat down and Camila looked at Lauren intently. The girl was looking down at her feet, while Camila was turned to her girlfriend, searching for her eyes. ‘’Where have you been? I’ve been calling you but you didn’t answer. I was worried something happened to you.’’ Camila spoke softly.

Lauren turned to her, her eyes portraying the guilty feeling she had. ‘’I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to worry you.’’ Lauren whispered. Camila nodded and smiled sadly. ‘’It’s okay now. You’re okay.’’ Camila whispered back before leaning in and kissing Lauren gently.

Lauren didn’t know why, but it felt like she was frozen. She couldn’t bring herself to kiss Camila back, even though she really wanted to, to calm down her girlfriend’s worries. Camila noticed this quickly and pulled away from Lauren.

She looked at her with another fresh wave of worry in her eyes, along with a hint of hurt. ‘’What’s wrong?’’ she asked her softly, afraid of why Lauren was acting this way. Lauren looked down again and swallowed.

‘’Camz?’’ She asked in a small, unsure voice. ‘’Yeah?’’ Camila asked uncertain. Lauren took a breath before speaking up again. ‘’Promise you won’t be mad?’’ she asked. Camila furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at her. ‘’Can’t promise that Laur. What’s going on?’’ she asked back.

Lauren sighed and finally brought her eyes up to meet Camila’s questioning gaze. ‘’I talked to Ally today.’’ She said, her voice barely above a whisper. Camila’s eyes went wide immediately after hearing the girl’s name as she slowly leaned away from Lauren.

She shook her head, trying to clear her mind from the questions she had about what had happened today, but it didn’t work. She ran her hands through her hair while shaking her head subtly. ‘’Ally?’’ she whispered, needing the conformation from Lauren that she did hear what she said correctly.