Bad News - Chap. 50

Chapter 50

‘’She’s coming back.’’ She said. Camila’s heart skipped a beat and her eyes went wide. She took a deep breath and walked up to the door, opening it slowly. ‘’Lauren?’’ she asked softly, looking at Lauren sitting on her bed. Lauren turned her head, scared green eyes staring back at her.

‘’Camila?’’

Camila walked in further and kneeled down in front of Lauren. ‘’Baby are you okay?’’ She whispered. Lauren’s eyes were trying to focus on her, but Camila could see that they were still very distant.

‘’Lauren?’’ Camila asked after her girlfriend didn’t answer. ‘’Wh-where am I?’’ Lauren asked with a shaky voice. Her hands were trembling in her lap. Camila reached out and took a hold of Lauren’s hands in her lap, caressing them with her thumbs.

‘’You’re in my bedroom.’’ She answered softly. She could hear the door of her room closing, indicating that Dinah and Normani went downstairs to give the two of them some privacy. Lauren’s eyes widened slightly, her breathing became uneven while her eyes grew more distant.

‘’Lauren, it’s okay. You’re safe.’’ Camila said, knowing that Lauren was either slipping back into her state of shock, or was reliving everything she’d been through. Lauren frowned and shook her head lightly to try and focus back on Camila.

‘’A-Ally.’’ She breathed out and pulled her hands out of Camila’s grip. She scooted back on the bed in fear, trying to be as far away from Camila as possible. Camila saw her green scared eyes staring back at her, Lauren was clearly still somewhere between shock and her memories. She stood up and sat on the bed, but Lauren moved further away from her. Camila’s heart dropped at the sight.

Tears were in her eyes and she held her hands out in front of her in defense. ‘’Please don’t hurt me.’’ She begged, her breathing uneven. ‘’Lauren.’’ Camila tried, but the girl shook her head and closed her eyes in fear.

‘’Lauren, it’s me Camila. I’m not going to hurt you, you’re safe now. Ally isn’t here.’’ Camila said softly, holding herself back from touching Lauren. It could only make her more upset. ‘’Please, don’t. You’re lying.’’ Lauren said back softly, bringing her hands down.

Camila shook her head. ‘’No, baby look at me.’’ Camila tried, but she could see Lauren’s mind was somewhere else. If Camila only knew where she was exactly, so she could try to bring her back to her. ‘’When did you take that picture?’’ Lauren asked, while a single tear escaped her eye.

Camila frowned. ‘’What? What picture?’’ she asked, not understanding what Lauren was talking about. Lauren shook her head. ‘’If she doesn’t care about me, then why would you try to hurt her by hurting me? Hurting me won’t affect her if what you’re saying is true.’’ She said in a daze. Then it clicked. Lauren was reliving her memories.

‘’Lauren, please, look at me.’’ Camila said softly. ‘’Tell me where you are. What do you see?’’ Camila said softly, scooting closer to Lauren carefully. Lauren didn’t move, the battle in her head between past and present still going on. ‘’Where are you Lauren?’’ she heard a faint voice ask her.