Chapter 13

Connor's POV

I opened my eyes and I was back in the garden. It was raining this time. I grabbed an umbrella. I walked toward Amanda. 

"Hello Amanda." I greeted.

"Connor, I've been expecting you. Would you care for a walk?" I opened the umbrella and walked with her. "Congratulations Connor, you managed to find that deviant. Tell me, what did you learn?" She said.

"I found it's diary, but it was encrypted. It may take weeks to decipher." I explained. She nodded slightly.

"What else?" She asked.

"The walls of the apartment were covered with drawings of labyrinths and other symbols. Like the other deviants, it seemed obsessed with RA9." I told her.

"You came very close to capturing that deviant. It's a pity you let it self-destruct." She said. 

"I knew deviants had a tendency to self-destruct under extreme stress, but I didn't expect it to jump from the roof. I should've anticipated that." I said. She moved on. 

"How is your relationship with the Lieutenant developing?" She asked. I thought about it.

"He seemed upset that I nearly let (Y/n) fall. He was right. It was an irrational choice on my part." I said.

"And (Y/n)?"

"I spoke with her. She is fine and she forgave me. I am rather relieved that she chose to do so. I hadn't thought she would've after my mistake on the roof." 

"(Y/n) seems to be warming up to you Connor. Tell me, how do you think this will effect your mission?" She asked.

"I believe earning such a high amount of trust could be beneficial in the future. It is why I should not have made that mistake. Another and she may not trust me. I would hate to see her angry at me. It's important that she trusts me. She is a vital help in this investigation." And to me. I added silently.

"Interesting." Amanda said. "We don't have much time. Deviancy continues to spread. It's only a matter of time before the media finds out about it. We need to stop this, whatever it takes."

"I will solve this investigation Amanda. I won't disappoint you." I said.

"A new case just came in. Find Anderson and investigate it." She said and walked away.

Your POV

"(Y/n). (Y/n), wake up." 

You groaned as you opened your eyes. Connor was still there. "I'm sorry to wake you, but another case came in while you were asleep. We have to find Anderson and go look." He said a soft smile on his lips. He looked...happy. You smiled back.

"Okay." You said and yawned. You both got up and you stretched. "I have to go put some clothes on. I'll be back in a sec, okay?" You said. He nodded.

"Okay. I will wait here." He replied. You smiled and went to change.

"Another night shift." You said to yourself as you got dressed in the bathroom. "I wonder if I should take Nova with this time. I bet she'd love to meet Sumo. If I know Hank, he'll be at home by now." You slipped on your shirt, quickly made your hair look semi neat, brushed your teeth again, and then you nodded to yourself in the mirror. "Ready." You said to your reflection. You walked out of the bathroom and joined Connor.

"You look nice." He complimented.

"Thanks Connor. Now let's go! Nova's coming with us again too." You said. He nodded.

"Hank has a dog. His name is Sumo. He is a large breed of dog. I feel like Nova will find him a good companion." Connor said. You nodded.

"Me too!" You agreed.