Chapter 58

You woke up and you smiled as you realized you were still next to Connor. His eyes opened and he smiled back at you.

"Sleep well?" He asked. You nodded. He smiled. "Good." He gave you a quick kiss. "Come on, love. You need to eat." He said. You nodded.

"Okay." You agreed. He took your hand and you both walked downstairs. You went slow, but it was alright.

When you got downstairs, you sat down on the couch. Connor went to get you something to eat. Nova hopped up on the couch next to you and licked your cheek happily. You chuckled.

"Hey girl. Miss me?" You asked. She barked. You smiled. You pet her head. Snow hopped up in your lap and curled up there, purring loudly. You smiled. "I guess I must've been out for a few days, huh?" You said. Nova let out a small whine. You were confused. She let out another bark and hopped off the couch. She began to leave and she barked for Snow to follow her. Snow let out a tiny meow and hopped off your lap. 

Connor came back soon enough. He gave you some soup and you thanked him. He wrapped one arm around you and watched you with a smile as you ate it. It seemed like a weird thing to do, but you were used to it. He didn't mind the silence this time. You weren't really feeling well enough to have a conversation while you ate.

After you finished, you set the bowl down and you relaxed in Connor's arms. You kissed his cheek. He smiled at you.

"I love you." He said. You smiled back at him.

"I love you too, Connor. Whatever happened, I hope I didn't make you too upset." You said. He frowned.

"(Y/n)...I was so scared. I...I thought I was going to lose you." He said. You frowned.

"Connor..what happened?" You asked. He sighed.

"I should wait until your better to tell you. I want to make sure your healthy before anything else." He said. You nodded.

"Okay." You agreed. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Connor got up to get it. He opened the door and smiled.

"Connor! Is she okay?!" Connor nodded and he let the visitor inside. You spotted Hank. Then, you saw Markus and North following him. Han hurried over to you. "(Y/n)! Thank god!" He said hugging you. You chuckled.

"Calm down, I'm fine." You said.

"FINE!? You scared the hell out of all of us!" North yelled. Hank let go.

"I have to agree with her. Ya gave me a fuckin' heart attack kid!" Hank said.

"We were all really worried about you." Markus agreed. You chuckled.

"Well, I'm fine now." You said.

"How are you not upset about this?" North asked.

"About what?" You asked.

"She doesn't remember what happened." Connor said.

"Well...not...all of it." You said, still trying to piece everything together.

"I assume we're waiting until she's better then?" Markus said. 

"Yes. She needs to adjust before we tell her what happened. If she reacts the wrong way it could cause...problems." Connor said.

"I'm sitting right here guys." You said. They all looked at you. Connor sighed.

"I know you want to know what happened, but you have to trust me, love." He said, sitting down next to you and taking your hand in his own. You relaxed and nodded. You leaned against him.

"I trust you." You said. Connor smiled and hugged you, pulling your body close to his own.

"I'm just relieved to see you up, (Y/n)." Hank said.

"Yeah. Everybody has been wondering what happened to you. Some of the information was spilled, so people have been talking." North said.

"People? What do you mean?" You asked.

"The humans are beginning to return to Detroit, so there is a bit of gossip going around." Connor said. You sighed.

"I can deal with gossip." You said. He smiled.

"Still as strong as ever." He said. You smiled.

"Well, we're relieved that you're alright, (Y/n). We have to be going though. We'll see you again soon, okay?" Markus said. You smiled.

"Wouldn't dream of having it any other way." You said. They all smiled. 

"I gotta go too kiddo. I'll come back again soon, ok?" Hank said.

"Okay Hank. See you guys later." You said. 

"Bye (Y/n)." North said.

"Connor, keep us updated if anything comes up." Markus said.

"Of course." Connor replied.

"Get better soon, (Y/n)." Markus said.

"She better. I need both my partners." Hank said. You chuckled. 

"Whatever you say, Hank." You replied. He smiled. They all left and you were left there with Connor. "Connor?"

"Yes?" He asked.

"How...how long was I out?" You asked. He sighed.

"A few weeks."

"Weeks?" You asked, stunned. He nodded.

"Oh, Connor...I'm so sorry." You said. He smiled softly at you.

"Don't be sweetheart. As long as you're still with me, I don't care. I'm just glad I still have the love of my life by my side." He said. You smiled.

"Sweetheart?" You asked. He blushed.

"Is it...okay?" He asked. You smiled.

"I like it." You said, leaning in closer to him. He smiled and closed the gap. He captured your lips in a soft, loving kiss. You kissed back, arms wrapped around him. You both held each other close as you kissed. He pulled away from a brief moment. 

"I love you so much, (Y/n)." He breathed. You kept kissing him. You wanted to stay like this forever. You could feel so much in that kiss. You could feel the pain he'd gone through, and the love that was overflowing in his heart right then. It only made you want it to last even longer.

When it ended you were panting slightly. You smiled up at him. Your hands gently gripped his shoulders and you cuddled up to him. You never wanted to leave him. I will never leave him again.

"I love you too."