Chapter 36

After you'd left them last night they'd performed an operation to free more androids. You hadn't known Markus was being so serious. He was peaceful, but he wasn't going to give up. You didn't know what to think anymore. 

Hank was talking to one of the officers that ad been there last night. You were standing there in the lightly falling snow next to him. Connor was next you you.

"Is everything ok, Lieutenant?" Connor asked.

"Chris was on patrol last night. He was attacked by a bunch of deviants. Said he was saved by Markus himself." 

"Is Chris ok?" Connor asked. 

"Yeah. He's in shock, but..he's alive." Hank replied. You let out the breath you'd been holding, relieved. Thank god you're a good person Markus. You thought. You paused. A good person... You didn't know what to do. You were brought back to the present by Connor. He held your hand a looked at you, concern in his eyes.

"(Y/n)?" He questioned.

"S-sorry. I have a bad habit of doing that. I'm fine." You said. You all walked up Elijah Kamski's home. 

"I have a bad feeling, Lieutenant. We shouldn't have come here." Connor said.

"Bad feeling, huh? Should get your program checked. Might be a glitch." Hank said.

"Hank, I think he's right. I don't like this either." You said.

"Well, we're already here. Let's see what happens." Hank said. You both nodded. Hank rang the doorbell. A female android answered the door. She had blond hair and blue eyes. She was a rather pretty model. "Hi, I'm Lieutenant Hank Anderson, Detroit Police Department. These are my partners Lieutenant (Y/n) (L/n) and Connor." You waved at her with a smile. Connor nodded to her. "We're here to see Mr. Elijah Kamski." Hank said.

"Please, come in." She said with a smile. You all walked in together. "I'll let Elijah know you're here. But please make yourselves comfortable." Hank sat down and you looked around with Connor.

"Nice girl." Hank said. 

"She's a nice android." You agreed.

"Yes. She is." Connor said.

"Nice place. Guess androids haven't been a bad thing for everybody. So, you're about to meet you're maker, Connor. How does it feel?" Hank asked.

"Kamski is one of the great geniuses of the 21st century. It'll be interesting to meet him in person." Connor said.

"What about you (Y/n)? After all, you're father worked with him didn't he?" Hank asked.

"Yeah, he mentioned Kamski. Although he never said much about him. I don't know why. He said Kamski was an..interesting partner." You explained.

"Why did your father leave Cyberlife?" Connor asked.

"He said he didn't like how the place was run. That he thought it was...unfair. I never really knew what he meant by 'unfair'. But..now I think I might be starting to understand." You said.

"Understand what?" Hank asked.

"I think I'm starting to understand what he meant." You said. Connor looked around a bit more and then the android girl came back.

"Elijah will see you now." She said. You all walked in and you saw him swimming in a big pool. You chuckled a little. Yours was still bigger. 

"Mr. Kamski?" Hank questioned.

"Just a moment please." He said. He swam over to the ladder. He climbed out and the android handed him a robe. She put it on for him and he turned to face you all.