Chapter 34

That day had been rather boring. No leads and no chance to go anywhere that night. Your family was home and Connor was staying with you.

You weren't complaining. You were still sore from last night. You'd told your family that you were together and they'd all been really happy for you. Carl had insisted on a party, Scarlett was singing 'I ship it' all throughout the house, and Zane said he was glad you'd finally found your match. 

You were all having a good time at your house. There was music, games, drinks and snacks, and just...well...anything really. You all had a good time together. 

"Anybody up for a movie?" You asked.

"Sure!" Zane said.

"I'm in!" Scarlett said.

"Heck yes!" Carl shouted. Connor just nodded. You smiled everyone took their spots and you put on a movie. You sat down next to Connor and he wrapped his arm around your waist. You smiled and cuddled up to him. It was on a channel that was advertisement free, so you could just watch it straight through. You looked up at Connor.

"Connor?" You whispered so you wouldn't disturb the others. He looked at you.

"Yes?" 

"Thank you. For being here for me. I...I wouldn't be here if you hadn't cared enough to come looking for me. You..you saved my life." You said. He smiled. He kissed you.

"I will never let anything happen to you. I promise, my love." He said. You smiled.

"I love you." 

"I love you too." You both went back to watching the movie. You finally felt...happy.

Zane's POV

I looked over at the both of them. They spoke quietly to each other so they wouldn't bother us. They had no idea I was watching. They kissed quick and he said something to her before they went back to watching the movie. I smiled. She finally found her match. I'm so happy for her. But..Connor belongs to Cyberlife. What's gonna happen after the investigation? They...they'll take him back. I thought. No. I won't let them. We can do this. She's lost Mom and....*sigh* I just can't let it happen again.

I turned back to the movie, but I couldn't help thinking of memories with them. I couldn't help thinking of Mom.

*Flashback*

"Zane! Come here!" I turned at the sound of my mother's voice. I waddled over to her. I was 2 years old. I was proud to be the time based oldest of my brothers. I was their leader! The order went me, Ash, Kent, and the Carl. I liked being an older sibling, in a way at least. I respected my older sister, Scarlett. She was 4. She was imaginative. 

I looked up at my mother. Her eyes glimmered with love and she was holding something in her arms. 

"Mama! You home!" I said. "Where you go Mama? I miss you!" 

"I was at the hospital, honey. I want to show you something." She said.

"What is it Mama?" I asked. She sat down and I saw a baby in the blanket she was holding.

"Meet you're baby sister, (Y/n) (M/n) (L/n)." I was stunned. I held her in my arm and her eyes opened. They were a beautiful (e/c) color. I instantly felt responsible for her. I instantly loved her. I really am I big brother now. 

"GUYS! WE HAVE A BABY SISTER!" I yelled. My brothers hurried over from different rooms.

"A what?" Carl asked.

"Is she healthy?" Kent asked.

"We have another gross girl in the house!?" Ash complained.

"Ash!" Mom scolded.

"What? No way am I dealing with another dumb sister! She'll be even worse since she's younger!" He complained, crossing his arms.

"Fine. But at least hold her and say hello." Mom said. He sighed and took her gently from me.

"Hello. I will not be a good brother to...." He stopped, looking at her. She giggled, reaching out for him. He held her hand, staring at her. A smile formed on his lips. He hugged her. "I guess one more girl couldn't hurt." He said. I smiled. We're one big happy family! 

*End flashback*

One big happy family... I thought with a smile. No matter what happens, we're still a family. I turned back to the movie. Suddenly, the news came on.

"We interrupt this program to bring shocking news! The Detroit Local Jail has just been broken into! There were two escapees counted missing! Only one jail cell was broken into! The man that escaped was (F/n) (L/n) and his android pet wolf! The break in was believed to be lead by deviants! There were no signs of forced entry and nobody know's where they are now!" The man on the TV said. Everyone was shocked. Everyone...but me. Carl glanced looked over at me, when the others weren't looking. I nodded. He looked even more stunned, but he kept his mouth shut.

"Dad? Why would deviants break him out?" Scarlett asked.

"I don't know. It doesn't make any sense! Why risk getting caught for Dad and Nova?" (Y/n) question.

"Maybe they knew he was a previous worker at Cyberlife." Connor said. I looked at Carl. We both nodded to each other. It's almost time. I hope this goes well.