Chapter 19

You had a great day. You'd had so much fun with your siblings. After the pool and pizza you'd needed to train Nova, but Connor had offered to do it instead. You'd told him that it was your job, but he'd insisted. "You should enjoy yourself. I know how to do combat training. It will help me understand Nova's tactics better as well." He'd argued respectfully. Knowing that he wouldn't give in, you gave in instead and said it was fine. 

It was 6:00 p.m. and after a long day of having fun you'd decided to go check on the two. You walked into the dojo and almost got a nosebleed. Connor was training with her.....but he wasn't wearing a shirt. You assumed it was because he didn't want to overheat, but your face was redder than a tomato at the sight. Connor and Nova hadn't noticed you yet. 

Nova charged him. She leaped at him and he ducked. She landed, but she swiftly turned. Her claws gripped the carpet as her body slid helping her turn faster. She launched at him, before he could get back up. She pinned him swiftly. He kicked her off and she tumbled onto the ground. She was back on her paws in an instant. 

Connor tried to hit her in her weak spots to at the very least stun her. She swerved from side to side, avoiding his attacks. He tried to kick her in the jaw, but she did a backflip and darted between his legs. He tripped and she leaped on top of him again. She placed a paw on his chest and that must've marked her victory. She climbed off of him and he stood back up.

They both looked over and spotted you. You were a blushing mess. Stop staring! STOP STARING! You screamed at yourself. Nova barked happily and bounded over to you. Grabbing your chance to hide your face from Connor, you knelt down and hugged her, burying your face into her fur.

"Hello (Y/n). Are you done having fun with your siblings?" 

"Y-yeah." You replied. Nova seemed to notice that you were trying to hide. She wriggled out of your grasp and bounded over to Connor. He pet her head and then he walked over and grabbed his shirt. He put it back on and you desperately tried to calm yourself down. Nova left and you stood in front of Connor as he walked up to you.

"Are you alright (Y/n)? Your face is red and I can sense a temperature rise in your body." Connor said. You swallowed hard.

"N-no, i-it's fine. I-I'm okay." You said. He placed his hand on your cheek.

"Your temperature is very high around your face and forehead. Perhaps you should put some ice on your forehead." He said. You were trying as hard as you could not to freak out. 

"I-it's just warm in the dojo." You said. He tilted his head, confused.

"The temperature of the room is 65 degrees. It is not what humans would claim 'too warm'." He said. He grabbed your hand. "I wish to help you cool off." Connor told you and dragged you out of the room. He took you to your bedroom's bathroom. He grabbed a washcloth and ran it under cold water. He began to gently dab it on your face. You were cooling off, but your heart was racing. He's too innocent. You thought. He's...perfect. You began to lean into his touch. He paused, noticing that you were doing so. "(Y/n)?" 

"Yeah?" You asked. 

"Is it normal for humans faces to get that red after having a fun day with each other?" You blushed even more, realizing how stupid you must look. You pulled away from his touch.

"No, it's just...*sigh* it's nothing Connor." You said. 

"Did it have something to do with me training with Nova?" He asked. You remembered him being shirtless. You thought about it and you remembered every detail. Your face burst out red again and this time your nose did bleed a little. Connor saw this and reacted instantly. "Your nose!" He exclaimed. You gasped, realizing that you were bleeding. 

"Ah! I'm sorry!" You said. He grabbed a tissue and handed it to you. You quickly used it to stop the bleeding. "I'm sorry Connor. I'm such a mess." You said.

"You're not a mess. You are very clean." He said. You chuckled.

"Thanks Connor." You said. 

"(Y/n), can I ask you a question?" 

"Sure." You replied.

"Is it alright if I stay with you tonight?" You blushed a little.

"Yeah. It's fine." You replied.

"Thank you." Connor said. You went down and ate dinner with your family. After that you all played some games inside the house. Soon enough, your father returned.

"Hi Dad! Did you have a good day?" You asked. He didn't reply for a moment.

"Yes...it was fine." He replied. You frowned.

"Dad, is something wrong?" Zane asked.

"I'm fine son. My friend just needed some help with something. I'm tired. I will see you all tomorrow morning." He said and went to his room without another word. 

"I think...I think something's wrong." You said.

"Yeah. He never acts like that." Ash agreed.

"We just have to trust him. His is our father." Zane said.

"Even father's can make mistakes." Ash said.

"I don't know guys. I feel like there's something he's not telling us." You said.

"Why would he have to hide anything from you?" Connor asked. You all looked at each other.

"We don't know." Kent said.

"But we're going to find out." You said.