Chapter 62

The next day you woke up and pushed yourself out of bed. You walked over to your dresser and grabbed a pair of pants and then you grabbed a shirt to go with them. You changed into the and then went to brush your hair. 

You rushed down the stairs and met Connor in the kitchen. He smiled at you. You gave him a quick kiss and a hug.

"Good morning (Y/n)." He greeted.

"Morning Connor!" You said happily.

"Excited?" He asked.

"Heck yeah! Back into the action!" You replied, snatching some bacon off the plate on the counter. He chuckled. Then he frowned. You noticed this. "What?" You asked.

"I...I don't understand how you can move on so fast. You act as if nothing happened." He said. You hugged him.

"Connor, I know it happened. I'll never be able to forget. It happened to me, after all." You said. "I just don't want to remember. Why dwell on the things that haunt me instead of focus on what I love?" You said. He cupped your cheek.

"You're right. I'm sorry." He said.

"Don't be. It's okay to wonder these things, Connor." You said, arms wrapping around his neck. He smiled at you.

"Is it? Well, what else can I wonder about?" He asked. You chuckled.

"I dunno. What do you think?" You asked, your lips brushing his.

"Well...I am always wondering about one thing." He said.

"What's that?" You asked. He kissed you hungrily. You kissed back with a small moan. His arms wrapped around your waist. You deepened the kiss for a few seconds, but then he quickly pinned you against the wall. His knee was in between your legs and he was kissing your neck. You moaned. He pulled back.

"Tonight, you're mine." He whispered in your ear, making you blush and sending shivers down your spine. He gently moved his knee closer and you bit your lip. "Deal sweetheart?" He asked.

"Hell yes~" You replied, already thinking up a very fun night. Connor pulled away from you and you went back to getting your breakfast. You ate and then you quickly went to brush your teeth. Once your pearly whites were freshened up, you hurried back downstairs and over to Connor. You both left together. Back to work. I hope nobody notices I'm part android. Connor said it was only leaked that I was in critical condition at first. I'd rather tell a few people at a time than have everyone flocking me all at once. You thought.

You both hopped into the car and headed out. Once you arrived, you parked and got out. You looked at the police station, your nerves suddenly crashing over you like a wave. Connor held your hand. You smiled thankfully at him. You both walked in together. You were greeted with smiles and once you got back to the desks people were coming up to you saying they were glad to have you back. You thanked them all. Hank waved to you both from his desk. You waved back.

"I better go check with him to see what's been going on the past few weeks. You get settled in again, okay?" Connor said. You nodded. You got logged in and you smiled. I guess I was nervous over nothing. I'm right back into things! You thought happily. You scanned through some things for a bit.

"(Y/n)." You turned and stood up as Hank and Connor came back over.

"While you were out there have been reports of a group messing with androids around the city. There have been rules put into action, so this is considered an offence now. We've been assigned to the case." Hank explained. You smiled.

"Let's do this!" You said. They both smiled at you.

"Come on you two." Hank said and you both followed after him. You and Connor climbed into the back of his car and he got into the drivers seat. "Connor, where did you say the last known sighting location was?" Hank asked.

"In one of the back alley's downtown." He replied. "The victim's name was Oliver, a ZT600 model. He is currently being fixed, but he said he was willing to give a report once back in fully working order." Connor informed.

"Let's get movin' then." Hank said. You all drove off. You thought about it.

"Oliver..." You said. Connor looked at you. "I like that name." You said. Connor smiled.

"It's nice." He agreed.

"You should have your dad make another pet for ya and name it Oliver." Hank teased. You chuckled.

"Maybe." You replied.