Chapter 33

You woke up the next day still wrapped in Connor's arms. His fingers gently combed through your hair. It was comforting. You kissed his chest since your face was still nuzzled into it. He paused, but then he held you tighter.

"Good morning, my love." He said sweetly. 

"Morning baby." You replied. You yawned. "How long was I asleep?" You asked.

"10 hours, 14 minutes, and 21.6 seconds." He said.

"What? Connor we're late. It's almost 8:20." You said.

"It will be fine. You needed your rest." He said. You smiled. You kissed him quick and then you both both up. You went to the bathroom while he grabbed his clothes. You took a quick shower, got dressed, brushed your teeth, and then you hurried out. Connor had finished making his hair neat again and you both hurried to work.

Once you got there you both walked in together. Connor held onto your hand and you giggled. He was so much more willing to show his affections for you now. It made you feel happy. It made you feel...wanted.

You both walked in together and you waved to Hank as you walked over. He noticed your huge smile and that Connor was smiling too. 

"The hell has got you two in such good moods?" He asked.

"We had-" You cut Connor off, remembering that you hadn't told him yet.

"A nice night together! We had a small date at my house." You said. It's not a LIE. You thought. Hank looked surprised.

"So you two are actually together now, huh?" He asked. You both nodded. He chuckled. "Never thought I'd see the day little miss stubborn herself got an android for her boyfriend." He said. You rolled your eyes.

"Say whatever you want Hank. I'm happy." You said. He smiled.

"Whatever suits you kiddo." He replied.

"(L/N)! CONNOR!" You both turned and saw Fowler standing in front of his office doors. 

"Oh yeah, forgot to mention. He isn't exactly happy about you two being late. Now you two will know how I feel." Hank said. 

"My office you two!" Fowler said. You both walked over.

"I told you." You muttered.

"I doubt anything serious will occur." Connor replied. You both walked in and he sat down at his desk.

"I'm used to Hank coming in late, but I usually expect more from you Ms. (L/n)." He said.

"Sorry Sir. I overslept." You said. Connor jumped in.

"It was my fault Sir. I kept her up late last night. I know I should've woken her up, but I was concerned she wouldn't get enough rest." Connor admitted. He looked between the two of you, slightly confused.

"Why the hell would you two need to stay up late?" He asked.

"We were-"

"LOOKING THROUGH SOME OF THE CASE FILES!" You said quickly. You shot Connor a warning look and he seemed to understand not to say anything. The Captain looked surprised by your sudden outburst, but he rolled with it.

"Alright. I'll let you off easy. You may leave Connor. I wish to speak with (Y/n) for a few more minutes." He nodded. You flashed him a smile as he left. "(Y/n)."

"Yes Sir?" He smiled at you a little.

"I know how hard losing your brothers must've been. I'm glad you found someone to help you through it. If that android makes one screw up you go straight to Hank you got it?" He said jokingly. You smiled happily.

"Yes Sir!" You said, playing along. You both laughed.

"I'm happy for you (Y/n)." He said. "Your mother would be proud. They all would be." You smiled.

"Thank you Sir." You said.

"You may go." He said and you left. You saw Connor and Gavin talking.

"I do believe that her satisfaction levels were at 176.4% last night." Connor said, with a confident grin. Gavin glared at him.

"Damn piece of plastic!" He growled.

"Ehem." They both looked over. "Morning Gavin. I hope you aren't being rude." You said, standing next to Connor. He looked pissed, but it faded and he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Suit yourself. I thought he was a detective, not an attendant of fucking Eden Club." He shot back with a nasty smirk at Connor. Connor's fist tightened, but you had a better idea. You grabbed his tie and yanked him in for a kiss. He was stunned, but he kissed back. Gavin gagged. You pulled away and Connor was blushing with a tiny surprised smile on his lips. 

"What was that Gavin? Were you talking about Connor or yourself?" You asked with a grin. He growled in anger and whipped around. He stormed off to his desk and you grinned. 

"Finally. I thought nobody could put that fuckin' prick in his place." Hank said. You chuckled.

"I thought it was about time." You replied. You gave Connor another kiss on the cheek before walking over to your desk. You got to work and you couldn't help feeling proud of Connor. He had finally stood up to Gavin. You thought about what he said. 176.4%? Jeez, and that was our first time... I think I'm in for a wild ride....but then again....I don't mind the sound of that.