Chapter 18

(Don't play video yet!)

You smiled as Ash swam over to you. 

"That was unexpected." He said. You chuckled.

"Weren't ready to be charged by a wolf, were you?" You teased.

"Not really." He replied.

"Well, I don't think Connor was ready to be pushed into the pool either." You said.

"Hey, I just made it easier for him." Ash defended with a playful grin.

"Whatever you say Ash." You replied.

"BEACH BALL VOLLEYBALL!" Carl shouted suddenly. You saw he'd gotten the huge inflatable beach ball. You smiled.

"Sweet!" You said. He hit it in and jumped in again. You caught it. Everyone spread out, but Connor looked confused. Nova pushed him along toward his own spot. You guys usually just smacked it around trying not to let it hit the water. It got pretty funny sometimes. Usually somebody would end up diving for it and face-planting into the water.

"Serve it up (Y/n)!" Carl said. You hit it and it went toward Kent. He bopped it again and it went toward Zane. He hit it toward Scarlett. Scarlett hit it toward Ash. Ash hit it toward Connor and Nova. Nova jumped up as best she could in the water and hit it with her nose back to Ash. He hit it toward you. 

This went on for a bit until Carl missed, falling under the water as the ball landed on top. You all laughed. Carl surfaced and he looked frustrated.

"GOSH DARN BALL!" He shouted. You all laughed even harder.

"Don't get sour Carl! Let's go again!" Scarlett said.

"Hold up! It's almost two o'clock guys. We should get something to eat." Zane said.

"Now that you mention it, I am kinda hungry." Kent agreed.

"Sure, I could go for a bite." Ash said.

"I guess I am pretty hungry." Scarlett added.

"Let's go!" You said. 

"PIZZA!!!!!!" Carl screamed at the top of his lungs. You covered your ears at his loud screech.

"CARL! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL OUR EARS?!" Ash snapped.

"Oops. Sorry dudes." He said. You chuckled.

"It's alright bro. We can have pizza if that's what you want." You said, swimming next to him.

"YES! Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!" He said happily. You chuckled.

"Let's go get some pizza everyone!" You said. You all climbed out of the pool and dried off. You handed a towel to Connor. Nova just shook like crazy, spraying all of you with water droplets. You laughed as they sprinkled over you. Once she was done, she trotted inside. You all followed after her.

Scarlett cooked the pizza and you all hung out as you waited for it to finished. Suddenly, Ash got an idea.

"Hey (Y/n), care to join me?" You instantly knew where this was going. It had been years since you'd done this. Everyone said you were a great singer, but you'd always thought Ash was really good too. 

"Hey, you two aren't gonna hog all the fun to yourselves! Let's all have some fun!" Zane said. You all smiled.

"I'll keep watch on the pizza. You guys go have some fun." Scarlett said.

"You sure big sis?" Carl asked.

"I'm sure little brother. Go have a good time!" She said. You all hurried off toward the music room. It was really big and almost like a mini dance floor with a stage! Zane, Carl, and Kent grabbed their instruments and they all nodded to you and Ash. Zane began to play his guitar and you instantly brightened up as you heard what song it was.

(Play video and listen while reading please.)

Ash started off and you began to dance to the song together.

"Sorry if it's hard to catch my vibe, mmm I need a lover to trust, tell me you're on my side. Are you down for the ride? It's not easy for someone to catch my eye. But I've been waitin' for you for my whole damn life. For my whole lifetime. Don't be afraid to tell me if you ain't with it. I see you're focused, yeah you're so independent. It's hard for me to open up, I'll admit it. You've got some shit to say and I'm here to listen. So baby," Then, you jumped in.

"Tell me where your love lies~ Waste the day and spend the night! Underneath the sunrise~ Show me where your love lies." Ash cut out and you took over.

"I've been so into your mystery." You caught a glimpse of Connor. He was staring. You blushed, but kept going. "Is it because of our history? Are you into me? When it feels so good, but it's bad for you. Can't say I don't want it 'cause I know I do. Come on over, I need your company. Cravin' that synergy. Don't be afraid to tell me if you ain't with it. I see you're focused, yeah, you're so independent. It's hard for me to open up, I'll admit it. You've got some shit to say and I'm here to listen. So baby," 

"Tell me where your love lies~ Waste the day and spend the night! Underneath the sunrise~ Show me where your love lies. Tell me where your love lies~ Waste the day and spend the night! Underneath the sunrise~ Show me where your love lies. If you're down, don't hide it. Feelin' me, you don't gotta deny it. Baby you gon' make me overnight it. Tell me, are you down? If you're down, don't hide it. Feelin' me, you don't gotta deny it. Baby you gon' make me overnight it. Tell me, are you down? Tell me where your love lies~ Waste the day and spend the night! Underneath the sunrise~ Show me where your love lies."

 "Tell me where your love lies!" You sang. 

"Tell me where your love lies~ Waste the day and spend the night! Underneath the sunrise~ Show me where your love lies." Zane finished off with his guitar work and then you and Ash broke apart. Your brothers cheered in delight. Ash smiled at you, his green eyes filled with joy. 

"You still got it little sis." You blushed.

"Thanks Ash. You too." You said. 

"What about us?" Carl asked. You chuckled.

"You guys all did awesome!" You said.

"I swear you'd should've become a singer (Y/n)." Zane said.

"Nah. I don't need that type of drama." You said.

"Yeah, you have too much as it is." Ash said. Your brothers laughed and you elbowed Ash hard.

"OW!"

"Drama with you hot-head." You replied.

"Ooooh!" Your other three brothers said. Ash looked embarrassed.

"You both have drama with everyone." Zane said.

"But there's one thing that tops all the drama on the Earth combined." Ash said. "Scarlett!" You all burst out laughing.

"Yep! Good old drama QUEEN! Hahaha!" Carl laughed.

"I HEARD THAT YOU LITTLE SHRIMPS!" You all froze.

"Oh no. We've woken the beast!" Kent said.

"Shut up!" Scarlett yelled coming into the room. You all laughed and you saw a small grin and her face. "Come on ya weirdos. Pizza's ready." She said.

"PIZZA! MINE!" Carl yelled and bolted for the kitchen.

"Oh no you don't! Come on!" Ash yelled. The boys ran at top speed toward the kitchen and you and your older sister laughed.

"They will never grow up." Scarlett said.

"They're boys. What do you expect?" You said. Connor came over to the both of you.

"I'll go make sure they don't eat the entire thing or destroy the kitchen." Scarlett said and left you and Connor by yourselves. You both stood there in silence for a moment.

"You're voice is really nice to listen to." He said suddenly. You were stunned. He was looking at the floor, blushing a light shade of blue. You smiled. You hugged him. He was stunned for a moment, but he hugged back.

"Thanks. That means a lot to me." You said. You kissed his cheek. "Come on. Let's go join the others." You said. He nodded. You both walked hand in hand to the kitchen together. You smiled. You were beginning to wonder if...maybe...just maybe....