Chapter 75

Snow's POV

It was almost 10:36 p.m. now. It was almost time to make our move. I had to admit I was nervous. What would happen if we failed? What f we were caught? What is she really was evil? What then? I sat there in the dark as my night vision began to kick it. The final lights went off and I hoped the others wouldn't be able to smell the fear scent on me. We waited a few minutes before Nova said,

"Okay Snow. Security sweep." I nodded and we searched the rooms. I checked (F/n)'s room first. He was asleep. I then checked Scarlett's room. She was asleep too, cuddling with her fiance, Sam and her new adopted daughter Nia. I smiled at the little mini family. I headed to (Y/n)'s room. I looked in. Connor was in sleep mode and (Y/n) was asleep wrapped up in his arms. I went back down stairs and met up with the others.

"My rooms are in for the night. You?" I asked.

"Brothers are sleeping like rocks." Nova confirmed.

"Then let's move out." Smoke said.

"Follow me everybody." Nova said. She went out the wolf door. The lock scanned her paw print and it opened for us. We all went out and then it locked again. 

"It'll be faster if we swim across." Olive said.

"But I'll be cold then." I said.

"Don't worry Snow. You can ride across on my back." Smoke said. I smiled. I climbed up onto his back and he carefully stepped into the pool. The three of them swam across while I stayed high and dry on Smoke's shoulders. The water rippled around us. I pawed at it playfully. I looked at my reflection. My stomach knotted up suddenly. I felt sick. I knew my nerves were getting the better of me. I had to take a few breaths one we got to the other side.

"Snow?" Nova asked, clearly concerned about me.

"I-I'm fine guys." I said. They all frowned. Nova sniffed me.

"You're scared." My ears went flat.

"Yeah. What if we get in trouble or things go bad and one or all of us get hurt?" I asked.

"It'll be okay Snow. I promise. Besides, we're all here for you and each other. We can do this." Nova said.

"It'll be fine." Olive said.

"You can be brave, can't you?" Smoke asked. I regained my confidence. My friends believe in me, so I should believe in myself too.

"Yes! I can be brave! I will be brave! Let's do this!" I said, puffing my chest out strongly. They all smiled, chuckling a little.

"Then let's go bestie!" Nova said. I smiled. We all went out through her secret exit and began to search for Dagger. We hiked to the closest spot that she was recently at. Nova found her sent. I smelled it too. We all did. Nova lead our mini pack as we followed her trail. We walked through the dimly lit city, taking the darker routes to stay hidden. Soon we were closing in. I could feel it from the tip of my nose to the tip of my tail. I grew excited. My first mission! I can't believe it! I'm going to be an animal detective just like Nova! I thought happily. 

Soon we arrived at a HUGE mansion! I was stunned by how big it was. I could wander around that place for the rest of my nine lives and still not learn every inch of it! I thought.

"Let's go." Smoke said. We slipped through the gate and headed up the hill to the mansion. I saw headlights up ahead. Four black vans were coming.

"Quick! Hit the ditch!" Olive said. We all dove out of the way and flattened ourselves against the ground. They drove right past. We could hear deep voices laughing as they drove by. Music was mixed in with their dark laughter that came out of the rolled down windows. I caught what the man seemingly in charge said. He was in the last van coming down the hill.