Moderate to Severe Turbulence

Believe me, this illustrated reference tidbit may come in handy...

One could be excused for thinking that a lamia possessing only half a human  body would likewise possess only half the hormones, but definitely not  Serpentina

One could be excused for thinking that a lamia possessing only half a human body would likewise possess only half the hormones, but definitely not Serpentina. If anything, the opposite had seemed true of her these past few weeks.

On second thought, why not join me and come along for the ride to find out for yourself... uh... seatbelts??

That particular day Tina had yelled out my name several times like something was extremely urgent, but her persistent calling didn't exactly sound like she was in distress. Anyway, I dropped what I was doing and rushed upstairs to her room only to find the door closed. Before entering I knocked, as was her rule when the door was closed, and then entered.

She was calmly reposing stomach-down on her resting pad (a side-by-side pair of queen-size foam mattresses on the floor) with eyes glued to her laptop like any teenage girl, but those dozen or more scaled other feet of her were slowly but constantly writhing around and over herself in a restless manner.

"What's wrong?" because her calling had sounded urgent.

"Nothing in particular." she sighed with ennui and then her tongue started snake-like flicking in and out.

"Then why'd you call me in here?" wondering what on earth was going through her head right now to make me think her yelling was an emergency

She closed her laptop, lifted her head to look at me, flashed her mischievous smile, and let me in on her little secret, "I was bored."

"Is that all?" feeling a little miffed for having been needlessly interrupted.

Of course she backed-up her statement with an exaggeratedly wide yawn, wide enough to allow me a lingering clear view of her fangs and back rows of teeth, both of which she rarely exposed.

"Do you need to see a dentist?" I questioned very dubiously.

"Oh Cog," she huffed indignantly after closing her mouth.

"Then what?"

"I thought you might be bored too."

"Since when have you ever given me time to be bored?"

"You're right!" she exclaimed gleefully, glanced at her non-existent wrist-watch, looked at me again and confirmed, "I've no time to be boring... especially for you."

Noticing the unusual way she'd doubled-back over herself and had the tip of her tail coiled around her neck and over her shoulders, I inquired, "Are you tying yourself in a knot?"

Noticing  the unusual way she'd doubled-back over herself and had the tip of her  tail coiled around her neck and over her shoulders, I inquired, "Are you  tying yourself in a knot?"