More from Serpentina's Album

I found Serpentina where I can usually find her, in her room comfortably reposing on her pad and completely absorbed in whatever was displaying on her laptop's screen. Almost right away I knew she was deep into the movie or whatever it was she was watching because the end of her tail was occasionally lifting up and flopping down against the pad; an idiosyncrasy that surfaces when she's fully engrossed in whatever she's doing.

At first glance she may look like any typical teenage girl happily lounging about on her bed, but from her waist down, this imposing imposter is now more than a dozen feet of pure eating-machine serpent who isn't even close to being a teen when measured by her age.

Of course she can and does lift part of herself erect to look like a very pretty young woman standing, but the indisputable fact of being legless is that she'll spend most of her life on the floor and on the ground.

Regardless her physical limitations, much of her time is spent behind one of these devices because they serve as her windows on that wide world beyond, which aside from our farm, she rarely ever gets out to actually see and experience in person.

Regardless her physical limitations, much of her time is spent behind one of these devices because they serve as her  windows on that wide world beyond, which aside from our farm, she rarely ever gets out to actually see and experience in person

As I silently and pensively observed her typing away, she looked up at me and smiled, and again I was reminded that most of the outside world she views is whatever displays on that screen.

But who or what exactly is this mysterious reptile?

If you're curious, then join me as we make some random brief peeks into her life.

                                                 ⧫      ⧫      ⧫      ⧫      ⧫      ⧫

Ground Rules...

Life with Serpentina has definitely redefined the meaning of ground rules. Perhaps the main reason is her particular perspective on the world around her, because her life is lived predominantly at ground and floor level.

For example, that doorknob in the background is as plain and out of mind as can be, yet for Tina it's always perceived as an overhead object she normally has reach up for

For example, that doorknob in the background is as plain and out of mind as can be, yet for Tina it's always perceived as an overhead object she normally has reach up for. The same is true for the light switch, but that's possibly true for some people too. Wall outlets (one is hidden from sight behind her) are viewed at eye-level.