-9-

-Y/n's POV-
  I stand in a dark corner of the abandoned church Markus and the other deviants have taken shelter in. Around me the injured androids seek medical attention, and everyone else sits in pews murmuring. Connor is leaning up against the wall beside me, I glance towards him to find his eyes are already on mine. His eyebrows are creased and he looks into my eyes for just a moments before turning his head to the ground, wrapping his arms around himself. I sigh softly. Markus walks towards us, and goes to say something but Connor speaks first.

"It's my fault the humans managed to locate Jericho.... I was stupid.... " He says shaking his head, "I should've guessed they were using me..." He says, unfolding his arms and stepping towards Markus,

"I'm sorry. I can understand if you decide not to trust me." He finishes. Markus looks at him for a moment, then glances towards me and back to Connor.

"You're one of us now. Your place is with your people." He says, before turning to walk away.

"There are thousands of androids at the CyberLife Assembly Plant." Connor says, Markus turns back towards us slowly. I look to Connor, hoping he's not about to say what I think he is.

"If we could wake them up they might join us and shift the balance of power." Connor says. I go to interject but Markus speaks,

"You wanna infiltrate the CyberLife tower?" Markus walks towards him, "Connor, that's suicide..."

"They trust me, they'll let me in." Connor begins, I take his arm,

"I'm coming with you Connor." I say. He looks to me and shakes his head,

"No." He  responds firmly, before looking back to Markus,

"If anyone has a chance of infiltrating CyberLife it's me." He says,

"Connor I could help. They trust me too." I say.

"No Y/N, there's no reason for both of us to take the risk." He responds.

"If you go there they will kill you." Markus says.

"There's a high probability... but statistically speaking there is always a chance for unlikely events to take place." Connor replies, Markus walks towards us and puts a hand on Connor's shoulder.

"Be careful." He says, before walking away. I turn to Connor, letting go of his arm.

"I wan't to go with you Connor." I say. Connor just blinks and looks at the ground. After a moment he finally looks up at me.

"I want you to go with Markus." He responds.

"Why? You think I'll have a better chance Connor? We don't even know what he's going to do yet." I say, just then Markus speaks from the pulpit.

"I know. I know you're all angry, and I know you wanna fight back. But i assure you violence is not the answer here. We are going to tell them, peacefully, that we want justice- and if there's any humanity in them, they will listen. And if not, others will take our place and continue this fight. Are you ready to follow me?" He says confidently, the room erupts, the deviants chanting Markus' name. Connor and I stay silent, I look to him with sad eyes.

"You really think i'll have a better chance?" I say. Connor looks down, his LED glows yellow for a moment.

"Please." He says softly. I sigh, and pull him towards me.

"Statistically speaking, there is always the chance for unlikely events to take place." I say, quoting him and pulling him into a hug. "Good luck Connor." 

"Good luck Y/N."