-31-

-Connor's POV-
The elevator door slides shut quietly.
"So how are we gonna do this?" Hank asks. I ignore him, my focus on hacking into the surveillance camera in the corner. It feels like that night so many weeks ago. The feed goes out, and I step up to the panel, this part is almost second nature to me, I had to report to CyberLife almost every night back before I had deviated. Just to be safe though I use the voice of the technician, who's coat had been embroidered as Falder.

"Falder, level 30" I say. The elevator switches directions. A few moments later the door opens onto a familiar floor.

"Maybe I should go alone Lieutenant." I say. He looks offended, "I just mean-" I begin.

"No you're right. I'd only draw more attention..." he pauses. Puts a hand on my shoulder and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save her Connor." He says. I step back, shaking my head.

"You aren't the one that shot her, there was nothing you could do. Lieutenant I'm not mad." I say sincerely. He smiles half heartedly.

"Good luck Connor." He says as I step out of the elevator. It shuts and brings him down to the first floor, where he'll surely be escorted out. I pause, focusing all my energy on hacking into the surveillance system, once i find the connective link between the cameras it's easy to black them all out. I walk down the hall confidently, it's nearly 2 am by now so most of the staff has cleared out and only a few security guards remain. I know this floor will be almost abandoned though, there is no more prototype development after all, CyberLife's whole objective has been turned away from android production. Markus is in the capital now fighting for the means to control production facilities among other rights. I turn into room 30-10. It's familiar to me, it's where uploads are stored, the computers are off but I quickly power them up and hack in to them. I can see the latest upload, it must have been right before she went offline. I quickly stand up, glancing at the chords where you would hook up a new model to import old memories.

I start checking every room on the floor, searching desperately for another prototype. A part of me doubts that any still exist, and then I open a door and there are rows of... us. Connor and Y/N RK800s, already wearing our uniforms, but skinless. There must be 20 of each. I walk up to a blank Y/N, her core processing is off line making her little more than a piece of metal that can move its limbs. I take her by the arm and lead her back to the room I had first visited. It's the strangest thing I've ever done.

I hook her up to the chords and begin to upload the memory. She blinks, her LED flashes red and yellow rapidly... too rapidly. Her face starts to twitch.

"Corrupt memory upload." She says, even though there is no emotion in her voice it's still her voice. I almost collapse at the sound. I didn't think I'd hear it again.

"Why?" I ask, sitting down in front of the computer and analyzing the memory file.

"Rk800 315-256-318-51 was compromised. Extreme Software Instability detected." She says. I sit there silent. It's because she was deviant... there was no way to upload deviancy.

"Bypass restrictions on memory import." I say. Y/N's LED flashes Red and stays that way.

"Authorization required." She says.

"... Elijah Kamski." I say, in his voice. I know he's been out of the company for a while but I'm also sure his voice will work, he created Androids, his voice is probably stuck in our minds forever. Y/N Blinks and then closes her eyes. I glance at the screen to see the memory upload in progress. I hold back a relieved sob. A few moments later the screen blinks.

-MEMORY UPLOAD SUCCESSFUL-

I jump to my feet and help Y/N onto the ground. Her legs give out though and she can't find the strength to stand, we end up kneeling on the ground. I've got my arms wrapped around her. I don't know how this memory upload is going to work, if it will work at all. She pushes herself out of my arms calmly, shuffling a way slightly and putting her hands on her chest, where the bullet had gone through.

"I... I don't understand these memories." She says.

-Y/N's POV-

I open my eyes to a Connor lifting me off the chords, as soon as I see his face hundreds of memories flood into my mind, the two of us together, every moment, so many memories of us together but it's like I don't have any of the context. Why...

---... ẏ̴̰̮̱̤̲̝̪̭͇̃̅̆̽̃͠o̸̢̢̹͓͍̜̙̮̳͈̝͖̹̭̮̗͉̠̊̈͊̃̀̏̓̉̅̐͌̅̇̊̈́͊͜͜͝͝͝ȕ̷̩͐ ̷̢͓̠̻̲̈́L̵͙̆̿͆́̅̋̌̕̚͝Ö̷̧̖́͊͊̿͗̍̈́̈́̈́͌̒̈́̓̄̈́̄̎͠V̴̧̨̭͎̱̗̖̬̮̘͉̺̤͍͎̯̻̋̾̈̏͌̈̆̊̾̋͂͒͗͑̚̕E̷̢͉̬̦͖̯̟̙͙̮̪̳̲͓̩͛̊̔̎̕ͅͅD̴̤̭̥̪͍̺͕̪̫̮͛̒̆̈́̎̔̋̇̈́͆̿̽́͠ͅͅ ̸̙͑̾͂̃̏h̶̛̛̙̜̅̉͂̎̂͆͐͛̐̕͘͘̚i̵̱͉͍̱͎͔̳͙͎̜̖͉̝̓̀̑̀̄m̶̻̰̙̾̐̾̉̈́̇̋̍̅̎̈́̈́̈́̎͒̆͝ ...-

-ANALYZING MEMORY UPLOADS....
ILLOGICAL-

-SOFTWARE INSTABILITY ^%* Il-:&(83!-

-SYSTEM COMPROMISED? err. err. 231235-

---... y̵̹͖̤̩͍̎͐̏̓o̸̡̙̬̜̥̲͇͉͔͌u̸̘̞͍̝̭͖͖̮̮̳̖̞͑̓̎̈́͝ ̷̳̘͛͂́͗̌́̿̓̈̊̕͝w̵͉͉̬̓͐̾ẻ̶͕͉̘̯̬͍̠̍͝r̴̭̳͇̱̜̙̎̿̈́ḙ̷̢͒́̉́̾͗̂͜ ̷̤͗͌͛͋̆͐̂́̅̒D̸̜̗̲͙͍̹̍̾̈́̃͐͜E̸̘̼͉̯̲̗̱͚̳̓̓̂͋̈̒̌͛̃V̷̡̧̲̭̬̗̼̠̰͕̻͑I̷̖͔̬̝̠͎̗̐̓͒͛Ǎ̶̖̝͖͕̲̩͙͔̊̒͑̈̈͊̄̐́N̶͉̲͛͗̈̒̈́́̈́̔͗͒͆͝T̵̨̡̬͙̺̩͖̺̞̦̓̇̃̀̃͛͒̅͝͝ͅͅ ̷̩̖̩̮̩͔̊͊͆̎̄͂̿͂͒͐ ...---