-10-

-Y/N's POV-

We walk in silence through the streets of Detroit, the shops and buildings around us dead and empty. Before us, the recycling camp is surrounded by soldiers, and to the side a swarm of reporters have gathered. I don't think about the abandoned city, or the flashing camera lights, the helicopter whirring overhead or the distant clamoring of ammo cartridges into their slots, I just focus on the stones beneath my feet. We walk to the center of the street.

"Here we are... the moment of truth." Markus says.

"Surrender immediately, or we will open fire." A soldier commands from behind a barricade. We keep walking.

"We don't want confrontation!" Markus speaks confidently, "We are protesting peacefully."

"I repeat, surrender now or we will open fire." The soldier responds firmly. I try to breath deeply, glancing around at the strangers who have become my only hope. Just then an Armored vehicle comes rushing in to block off the street behind us. Markus turns around to watch, I can see the fear in his eyes.

"There's no turning back now." He says, surprisingly calm. "We are here to demand the immediate liberation of all androids detained in camps across the country!" He says, speaking to the soldiers now, his voice is firm and determined. "We are not leaving until our people are free." He takes another step, we follow. I brace myself for what I know is coming, I don't even hear the soldier give the order, it's lost to me as bullets come rushing towards us. An android beside me falls, and I'm sure many more behind me do too. The soldiers pause, wait for the second order, and then send more shots out. I feel a bullet graze past my shoulder, and blue blood leaks from where it dug in. I see Markus recoil, hit as well, but he ignores his wound and keeps walking. He stops, still far from the barrier, and he sits.

-Connor's POV-

The elevator finally stops, and I step out, leaving the dead guards behind me. The storage room is filled with Androids. I walk towards the center, trying not to think about what might be going on outside, in the heart of Detroit. I'm on a mission.

I turn towards on of the Androids, lifting his arm to try to wake him up when suddenly there is movement to the side of me.

"Easy, fucking peice of shit." It's Hank.

"Step back Connor," It's... me. I turn to face another RK800, with his gun raised to the Lieutenant's head, "and I'll spare him!" The other Connor says.

"Sorry Connor, this bastards your spitting image." Hank sighs.

** Short chapter, and not many updates today sorry :( I hope you all are enjoying this nonetheless, I'll definitely try to get more out tomorrow but it's getting really late where I am so that's all for now :D

-Amy