-19-

-Connor's POV- 

Hank walks into the living room, where Y/N and I are playing chess, wearing his jacket and scarf. 

"Well, are we going house hunting or what?" He asks. Y/N and I look up from the game and she smiles, standing up and going to grab her own jacket. It was admittedly strange seeing her in regular clothes, or wearing them myself, but our uniforms were reserved for working now. Soon enough, the Lieutenant had told us, we wouldn't even need to wear them to the station, but progress was slow. I stand up and put on my own jacket, we had just gone shopping in fact to find clothes, with some help financially from Kamski.  

"Yes." I respond.

"Well than let's go." He says, and we head out to his car.

"Thank you Lieutenant." Y/n says, climbing into the backseat, Hank just nods. I sit shotgun and we drive into the city. 

... 

Hank gets out in front of an average looking building with a 'for rent' sign on one of the windows, Y/N and I follow him to the front door. This building, unlike the one Y/N and I had visited yesterday, had a receptionist. He walks up to her and smiles.

"Hi, I'm looking to rent an apartment?" He says. She smiles as well, not even glancing in our direction. 

"Great! I can buzz up to the apartment for rent, the current tenant still lives there. She could come down and tell you about it, or take you up and show you around!" The woman responds. 

"Thanks." Hank says, going to take a seat in one of the chairs in the lobby. A little while later another woman walks in and greats him.

"Hi! You must be the man interested in renting, my name is Lori." She says, smiling and shaking his hand.

"Hank," he introduces himself, "But uh, actually it's these two looking to rent together." He says, looking at us. 

"Hello! My name is Connor the -" I cut myself off, having almost introduced myself as "The android sent by CyberLife." I reach my hand out to shake hers but her smile fades and she ignores it. 

"I'm... I'm sorry but I don't think I can rent to Androids." She responds, still speaking only to Hank. I can see the disappointment on Y/N's face and I take her hand, squeezing it a bit. 

"Why not?" Hank asks point blank.

"Well... well, first of all do they even have any money?" She asks.

"Yes we do. We have jobs and opened a savings account." Y/N says, I can hear the hint of pride in her voice. She loved being able to do these little human things. 

"Right," Lori says, looking back to Hank, "Well... If they can pay, then I guess you could have a look around." She says reluctantly. Hank says a muted thank you and we follow her onto the elevator and into the apartment. It's small, one bedroom, one combined kitchen and living room and one, admittedly useless, bathroom. But it's perfect, and I can tell Y/N thinks the same thing. 

-Y/N's POV-

"Great and I'll just need you to sign here." The woman who had shone us around our new apartment says to Hank. He looks confused, after having read through the renters agreement and all the terms she was supposed to ask the new tenants to sign. 

"Why are you asking me? I'm not the one living in the place." Hank responds. 

"Well... I mean do their signatures really mean anything?" She says a bit hushed. I want to roll my eyes and stand up and tell her yes they fucking do, including one of the vocabulary words Hank had been trying to get us to use. But instead I stay quiet and still and let Hank do it for me. 

"Yes, they do." He sighs, omitting his own vocab word. 

"Would you please just sign, for my piece of mind and we can have them sign too." She sighs. Hank rolls his eyes but pens his name, then Lori slides the paper over to us. I'd never signed my name before... what did I even write it wasn't like I had a last name. Hank seems to notice my hesitation, 

"Just write your Identification number too alright?" He says kindly, it was a strange tone for him but I guess the woman's bias had made him feel a bit bad about the whole thing. I nod, signing Y/N and then my number beneath. Connor does the same thing and hands the paper to her.