Final Note

A/N: I didn't want to publish something and have everyone all disappointed when it wasn't an actual chapter, so I'm going to preface my little Author/Thank you note with a short and sweet closing sentiment for the story. 

Y/N's POV

I am panicking. 

I mean, I never expected this to be so hard.

I stand and stare at myself in front of a mirror and sigh. 

"You alright in there?" I hear Kara outside, 

"No." I drop to the floor and sit in a heap. Kara opens the door and laughs. 

"Get up come on." She helps me up, and spins me around. "You look amazing Y/N." She reassures me, "But you'd look even better if you actually put the dress on."

I'm standing in a tank top and a pair of shorts, 

"You mean I can't go to my wedding like this?" I ask, prompting Kara to laugh again. 

"I mean it's your wedding." She says, pulling the dress off the hanger and passing it to me, she smiles at me reassuringly and leaves the dressing room again. I slip out of my clothes and into the dress, holding it up as I can't quite reach the zipper. Before I call Kara in to help me I step closer to the mirror, tilting my head and pushing a strand of hair away from where it blocks my LED. I run my finger over it, remembering for the 100th time why Connor and I kept them in and wishing for the 100th time that the decision to keep them didn't have to cause so much trouble. 

I mean, here i was wedding dress and all, and in 10 minutes I'd be walking down the aisle and Connor would be standing there in a suit and everyone we cared about would be watching and it would all be, essentially, pointless. Androids couldn't get marriages licenses. No weapons, no weddings, and no adopting. Connor and I had learned each of these the hard way. 

Kara knocks softly on the door, I pull my hand away from my LED and open up,  turning around so she can zip my dress. 

"Are you nervous?" She asks, I still had trouble naming many of my emotions but I assume how I'm feeling now could be called nerves. I nod. 

"Me too." She says, I cock an eyebrow at her in confusion, she shrugs, "I just am." She laughs and then she's hugging me. I don't do very much physical affection with anyone but Connor and I'm a little taken aback. Kara and I had grown close recently, she had come back to visit a few times and stayed with Connor and I on a couple occasions. I hug her back and feel some of my nerves receding, I have to admit it's nice to have a friend who's not Connor or Hank or Sumo. 

"Y/N!" I here Hank's rough voice outside the dressing room. Kara and I separate and she opens the door for me. I walk out, smiling shyly at Hank who actually takes a step back, failing to hide his shocked face. 

"You-" he can't really put the rest into the words but I swear he looks a little teary eyed. I laugh, 

"Thanks Hank." I say, slipping on my heels, Kara helps me with the veil. I honestly feel a little bit idiotic all done up like this, but Connor had seemed genuinely excited about the whole thing so I'd gone along with it and now... I guess you could say I was a little bit excited. 

"You ready?" Hank asks, finally pulling himself together. I nod, Kara smiles and heads out, leaving the two of us. 

"You really do look beautiful kid." He says, and I smile, 

"You look beautiful too Hank," I say, he rolls his eyes and laughs. He looks different, I've never seen him so dressed up, the suit was a drastic change from his everyday style. He offer me his arm, 

"Well let's get this over with." he says, 

"There's the Hank I know." I laugh, taking his arm and breathing in deeply. He walks me down the hall towards a set of double doors. I know that behind those doors there is an aisle leading directly towards the man who I'm going to spend the rest of my life with and suddenly I'm very sure how I'm feeling. A little bit nervous, a lot excited and most of all; happy. 

I hear the music start and the doors open, Hank looks my way and winks reassuringly. The aisle looks a hundred miles long but from so far I can still see Connor waiting at the alter in that amazing suit and he's smiling and I'm sure, as I walk towards him, that I wouldn't want to be illegitimately married to anyone else. 

**A/N

I'll quickly say goodbye and thank you to about 75% of readers lol. Now for those of you sticking around for the note, thank you. Thank you guys for 92.4K reads, for #10 in the Detroit Become Human tag, a tag with over 3.5K stories. Thank you for all the lovely and hilarious comments you've left, thank you for everything. I hope that this story has given you guys something fun to get lost in for a little while. I certainly got lost in it for a while myself, but now I think it's time to put something final out and add that little "completed" note to the description. Thank you again. I'd love to hear more from you guys so comment, message me, check out my other stuff if you'd like and have an amazing day. 

Until next time,

Amy <3