-21-

-Y/n's POV-
The apartment is dark and a mix of hail and rain falls outside the window. I'm sitting up in bed, just watching the wintry mix drizzling along the window pane. I turn and look at Connor. He's asleep next to me, but i can't sleep. It feels so useless, I'm an Android, I don't even need to sleep. It was programmed into me to make me more human and Incase I wasn't assigned any tasks so i could save power, even though I had a battery that could run for 300 years.

"Connor." I say, that's all it takes for him to exit sleep mode. He blinks and sits up,

"whats wrong?" Connor asks.

"I just.... I can't sleep. It feels so fake, i don't need to, it's just a way to waste time." I say, sighing and leaning in his shoulder. "And also I miss Sumo." I finish. Connor laughs a bit,

"Me too.... y/n I know we don't have to sleep but there is no way to fill all our time, the humans are all asleep right now there is nothing for us to do." Connor responds.

"I just... I feel like I'm pretending. Like I'm just trying to act human, and I know I'm not. Everyone knows we aren't human even if if they believe we are alive." I sigh. Connor sits in silence, and then abruptly stands up, pulling me off the bed with him.

"Come on." He says, taking my hand and dragging me to the door.

-Connor's POV-

"Lieutenant! Lieutenant!" I yell, knocking on his door.  Y/n pulls my arm,

"Connor what are we doing here? It's 3am, Hank needs his rest!" She says, but he's already awake, I can hear him tripping through his dark house.

"Jesus Christ," he mumbles, "Don't you fucking break a window Connor!" He yells, after a bit more fumbling in the dark he opens the door.

"Good evening Lieutenant." I say smiling. He rubs his eyes and waits for an explanation.

"y/n and I missed Sumo and so we figured it would be alright for us to come and see him tonight." I tell him. Y/n just smiles shyly,

"Sorry Lieutenant." She says. He sighs and pulls the door open wider.

"I'm going back to bed." He mumbles before stumbling down the hall,

"Wait! Where's Sumo?" I ask, glancing around the room and not seeing him. Hank sighs and seems to remember where the dog is, rubbing his head,

"He's in my room." He says, and so naturally 
Y/n and I follow him, and sure enough Sumo is on the floor by the Lieutenants bed. Hank collapsed into it and starts snoring a couple minutes later but y/n and i take a seat next to Sumo and talk in hushed voices. Sumo stretches and decides the unforgiving floors aren't comfy enough, standing and jumping onto the bed with Hank, who just grumbles but doesn't wake up, and so y/n and I move on the bed as well. Y/n used his soft fur and belly as a pillow, lying down across the end of the bed with him and I end up half on the bed, half off, sitting cross-crossed on the floor with my arms and head leaning on the side of the bed next to Sumo's huge paws.

-Y/N's POV-
I hadn't expected to fall asleep but suddenly I'm waking up and morning light is just barely leaking into Hank's room. Sumo is curled up next to Hank and I'm curled up next to Sumo, and then somehow in the night Connor had climbed into bed as well and managed to curl up next to me, leaving Hank falling half off the bed with 2 adult-human sized androids and 1 nearly adult human sized dog also on the bed. Hank gives a rough snore, and goes to shift in his sleep, before I can stop him he hits the floor with a solid thud. Connor, Sumo and I all raise our heads leaning over to see him sprawled on his back.

"I can't fucking take you guys." He says.

"Sorry Lieutenant." Connor and I say at the same time, which does not help our case much, and causes Hank to half laugh, half groan before sitting up.

"Since you're here, would you take Sumo for a walk?" Hank asks.

"Of course Lieutenant!" Connor and I say, again at the same time.

"And stop doing that it's creepy." He says, walking out of the bedroom and into the kitchen.

"Sorry Lieutenant." Connor and I almost say again at the same time but I stop myself after sorry and just let Connor speak.

-Connor's POV-

The sidewalks are covered in a thin sheet of slush, and as we walk Sumo it slowly coats his fur in snow and cold water. Y/n will pause every once and a while, kneel next to Sumo and towel him off (with one of Hank's two towels she brought along). I was almost surprised she had thought to bring it but she was always concerned about Sumo, and also Hank. Sumo would wag his tail and try to like her face as she ruffled his fur, then she would stand, shake the towel out, wring it a few times and we would keep walking.

"I almost like it like this." She says.

"Like what?"

"With the rain and snow, no one else is out. It's like it's just you and me and Sumo." She explains. I smile and take her hand,

"It is nice."

***Hey guys! Ik it's been kind of a while but I'm on vacation right now so I've just been at the beach and surfing and not writing as much as i should. And I'm going on a super intense camping trip starting next Monday, 5 days no phone, no running water in the middle of nowhere so I won't be posting at all then. But, I want to get out at least 2 more chapters before I leave! Alright that's all for now, hope you guys are loving it and as always feel free to lmk in the comments <3

-Amy