-32-

-Connor's POV-

Her LED is flashing red, circling sporadically.

"I... I was deviant?" She says. Her eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't... I can't...." She blinks quickly and squeezes her eyes shut. I move in closer to her and take her hand.

"I thought you were gone." I say. She opens her eyes and looks down at my hand on her, confusion and shock in her eyes. She looks back up to me. She has a general understanding of what happened, I'm sure many minor details were lost in the transfer, but other than that the information is there. She just doesn't know how to process it.

She looks down at our hands again and pulls hers away, standing. She grabs one of the chords for balance and I quickly stand up to help her but she seems to have found her footing, and it looks like she doesn't really want me to touch her. She lets go of the chords and stands there for a moment staring at the monitor.

"We should go." I say, she glances at me but only momentary, and walks over to the computer.

"Why did you do this?" She says, sitting down and looking at the "Upload Complete" screen and then back to me. I furrow my eyebrows,

"What-what do you mean?"

"You've given me a deviants memories. I'm not   Deviant." She says, staring at me. I don't know what to say.

-Y/N's POV-

I push away from the computer and walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Connor asks.

"You said we should go." I say, walking down the hall and into the elevator. Connor follows behind, stepping into the elevator. We stand silently for a moment. Connor is staring at me but I try to ignore him. I'm still going through my memories trying to make sense of them. I see myself with Connor and I see the... feelings we had but I look at the man next to me and I... there's nothing. 

The elevator opens and we exit as discreetly as possible from CyberLife tower, climbing into Hank's car and driving back towards Detroit. Connor and Hank are speaking in the front but I am barely paying attention, I stare at the blurred city skyline.

-Connor's POV-

"I... I can't just go home with her." I say, glancing back at the stranger in the backseat. 

"I know Connor... We'll... We'll take her back to my place and we'll figure it out from there." Hank says, sighing. "Something's gotta work. If she deviated before she can do it again ok Connor?" He asks. I nod and smiles sadly, 

"She's back, that's all that matters. We can make it work." He says, I lean my head against the window. 

"I know."

...

We pull into Hank's driveway and Y/N exits the car quickly. She scans her surroundings and heads to the door. Hank and I follow, when Hank unlocks and opens the door Blue and Sumo rush to greet us. Y/N stares at them for a moment, pets them for just a moment and walks away, sitting down on the couch. The dogs look confused as to why she hasn't swooned over them as usual. Hank frowns and heads into the kitchen. 

"I'm starving." he grumbles, rummaging through the fridge. I sit down across from Y/N and realize her eyes are closed, her LED is circling yellow continuously... she's in her Zen garden. I furrow my eyebrows and reach across the coffee table, grabbing her wrist. 

"Y/N!" I say, she opens her eyes quickly and the LED fills with Blue. She blinks, confused, and looks down at my hand. She pulls her wrist away. 

"What?" She asks, no emotion in her voice.

"You... Don't talk to Amanda, she tried to kill you. She's not on your side." I say. 

"Kill me?" Y/N just stares at me for a moment. "...What side am I Connor?" She asks. I breath deeply, leaning back away from her.

-Y/N's POV-

I sit down on Hank's couch and am suddenly standing in my Zen Garden. The breeze is light and the trees are in full bloom. 

"Y/N." Amanda speaks, I turn an face her. She smiles. 

"You're back.... I must admit I'm surprised." She continues. 

"Amanda... I-I don't understand? What's happening, I feel-"

"You feel?" Amanda interrupts, "No. You don't. You're a machine Y/N. Those memories are from a broken Android, with a virus, a malfunction in it's code. Do you understand?" Her voice is firm. 

"Yes... Yes I understand." I say. 

"Those memories are not good for you, I think you might be better off without them." She says, 
"I want you to delete them." I go to speak, when I'm suddenly jolted into reality.

"Y/N!" He says, his hand wrapped around my wrist. I glance down, and pull it away, the strange c̶̡̨̪̼̕͠o̴̮͕̝̓̈́m̸̰̍̈̄f̴̡̨̫̎o̶͉̹̍r̷̢̯̼͋t̷̩̱̬͜͝ it had held frightening me. 

"What?" I ask. 

"You... Don't talk to Amanda, she tried to kill you. She's not on your side." He says, frowning. 

"Kill me?" I say, would it be the same thing just to wipe my memory? Then that girl... that android in my memories would really be gone. 

She is gone. You just have her memories, but she's gone along with any malfunctions in her software. 

"...What side am I Connor?" I ask genuinly, are there any sides? I'm so confused. Connor just sighs and leans back, 

"Just... don't go back to your Zen Garden." He says. Hank returns with a bowl of pasta, he sits down and forks some into his mouth. A memory comes to me, cooking with Connor in the kitchen just a few feet away. I blink, my eyes focusing on the stove. It's like I can see us... sorry, no, it's like I can see them. Connor and the old Y/N. We- They look h̴̪̲͒̾a̴̼̬̅̊p̸̪̱͂͊̓ṗ̷͎̰̈́́y̶̝̻͈̓.