Chapter 02 | The first day in office

Recap ~
Considered a liability

Anika soon finished her education and joined a corporate company, who took her in based on her abilities.

On the first day of her job, as she entered through the gate, she remembered her best friend Chanda. With moist eyes she reached the office when her manager gave her a warm welcome.

 With moist eyes she reached the office when her manager gave her a warm welcome

She felt very uncomfortable with the life style in the company. She was wearing a simple kurti with no makeup while the others were quite different in style, all in western wear with a high pinch of makeup.

Everyone were staring at her apparel as well as her but soon she didn't care those stares and went on with her work. By the end of the day she got an appreciation from her manager which made some of her colleagues jealous. This was indeed the first step to her success!

It was night by then, she was crossing the road when suddenly a car sped highly towards her. Just in the moment, the car stopped right in front of her when her memory flashed the most affected incident of her life.

The driver came out of the car and soon his ears were bleeding as Anika scolded him, "Do you know how unsafe it is to drive so fast? For me and for you also bhaiyya! You will know the pain only when you lose your loved ones!"

She stopped herself from speaking any further and left to settle down in the nearby bus stop waiting for a bus. But there was someone who noticed her from inside the car, he felt something was wrong with her as he felt the pain in her voice when she spoke the last words before she left.

The next morning, as usual she started her yesterday's routine with a fewer stares than the day before. She was busy with her work when everyone were talking about an another fresher who joined that day. While people in the office were busy mingling with the fresher, Anika was least interested and so continued her work.

A little later, it was lunch break but Anika still continued her work. She didn't have her lunch as she didn't have enough money to buy food in the cafeteria but all of a sudden, much to her surprise she was offered a box of Aloo Puri. When she looked up she saw a guy looking at her no way related to how the others looked at her.

"Hi, I'm a fresher too! Some of them told you are a fresher! So I thought why don't we meet! Have some

"Hi, I'm a fresher too! Some of them told you are a fresher! So I thought why don't we meet! Have some." the guy offered smiling when she replied, "No thanks. Can you just excuse me?!" saying she left while the guy was a bit surprised by her gesture.

She came back after few minutes her eyes, a bit red as if she cried. She did cry remembering her best friend Chanda who used to make her favorite dish Aloo Puri. Thinking no more, she resumed back to work and this of course wasn't unnoticed by the guy.

He was the same guy who saw her the previous night.

"Isn't this girl quite unique?! A little bit weird too! Like she didn't even try interacting with me nor with anyone else. Yesterday I was the one who told Ramu kaka (driver) to drive fast. She was quite upset yesterday with that incident. Her voice reflected pain" he thought as he stole glances at her.

_______________________________________

Precap ~
The guy