Chapter 11 | The Stay

Recap ~
Mr.Vikram

"Wait a minute! Did I say your work is over? Not yet." Vikram said in his deep voice surprising Anika and Shivaay. He continued, "You guys can stay over in my house this night. It's quite late and it is not safe to go, your hotel is a little far."
The other two couldn't deny him because he was their boss.

At around 12.00 AM in the midnight,
They reached Mr.Vikram's Mansion. Anika and Shivaay left to their allotted rooms after wishing him for that night.

It was almost around 3.30 A.M in the morning that Anika couldn't sleep anymore. Though she was tired, she was not used to all the luxury she got that night. She no more tried to sleep, but this mistake led to her rare habit "Sleeplessness creates hunger"

 She no more tried to sleep, but this mistake led to her rare habit "Sleeplessness creates hunger"

Hearing her stomach grumble, she gathering courage decided to get something from the kitchen. She cursing herself as she couldn't find the kitchen, muttered to herself "I wish I had a route map to this palace! What will I do now. I'm damn hungry which I usually don't be."
She almost said the last sentence in a loud voice though no one heard it.

It was dark all the way she walked that suddenly she hit something hard and she winced in pain.
"God! Why all this happens to me?" She groaned when suddenly the lights turned on and she found Mr.Vikram staring at her. This stare was not a glare as Anika expected, instead it showed concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked her out of concern. Seeing her swollen toe, he almost touched her feet to check out when Anika backed off a bit shocked.
"Sir, I'm completely fine. You needn't worry!" She said not knowing how to react further.
"Anu beta..." he spoke but very soon his voice cut abruptly realizing how he addressed her.

Anika was surprised hearing her being called Anu.
"Sir" she called out when he said,"I'm not your boss! I mean you need not call me sir outside the campus."
"Okay si...I mean Uncle" she said smiling a bit. He was glad she no more called him sir and soon he helped her way to the kitchen.
"Uncle how did you know I'm hungry?" She asked him wondering when he said much confidently, "I just know it."

Anika understood he didn't want to tell her the reason, so she didn't ask him any further. She reprimanded his decision of cooking food for her as she was never dependent on anyone but he didn't listen a word. Exhausted, she settled down there helpless.

After few minutes of cooking, Vikram gave her the food he cooked. She had no words when she saw it.
"Thank you thank you so much Si... Uncle!" She said super excited seeing her favorite Aloo Poori.
"Mention not Ms.Anika!" He said smiling when she said back with a pout quite upset,"Okay sir"
"I told you not to call me sir." Vikram said when she spoke back "But I don't want you to call me Ms.Anika as well."

"Okay beta" he called out to her overwhelmed with his feelings.
"Uncle are you fine?" She asked back concerned when he said,"I'm fine. Now eat otherwise the food won't be hot! And you will not like it then."
This surprised her again.

Her mind voice said,"How does he know everything about me? How is that possible! I don't think he knows me, maybe he's just guessing!"

While Anika enjoyed chewing her food, Vikram was lost in his own thoughts, "I can't forget you princess. She reminds me of you! But how can you both be the same? Same characteristics in two people!?"

Just then both were interrupted by one of the staff. The staff member was shocked to see the sight.
"Sir, I would have done something for you to eat. I'm..." He was still about to continue in his shock when Vikram said,"It's okay Shyam."
The staff member almost fainted when he heard his own name from his boss after years.

It was already 5.30 A.M in the morning when Shivaay woke up. (PS: His habit of waking up early!😰) He just finished his exercise at around 6.30 A.M and was coming out of the room when he saw Anika and Vikram chit chatting in the hall.

"Good morning!" Shivaay greeted surprised by the sight in front of him.
"Good morning Mr.Shivaay" Vikram greeted back while Anika shot a warm smile at him.
"Sir if you don't mind, Can I say something?" Shivaay asked when he said observing him keenly,"Go on!"
"Sir, I feel as though I epitomize an old man whenever you use the honorific next to my name!" He said smiling sheepishly.

"Aren't you an old man Mr.Shivaay?" Vikram asked shocking Shivaay while Anika bursted out laughing.
"Sir!" He called out to him shocked.
Vikram too joined Anika in a fraction of seconds.

_______________________________________

Precap ~
Disheartened

If you all observed the girl who never showed much feelings to anyone, feels something different with Vikram and so does Vikram. This change was shown in just shown to each other in hours! Do you think it is their character they hid to the outside world all these years?

This is quite interesting according to me. What do you guys say?