Chapter 31 | Mr.Over-protective!

Recap ~

My family

On their way back to Mumbai, Shivaay and Anika couldn't stop thinking about the moments they thought of each other being the bride and the groom during OmRi's wedding.

"Stop it Anika! Shivaay is your- your close friend! Only friend?" Anika thought seriously, questioning to herself in between. Not getting answers she shrugged her shoulders off, her head aching severely.

"Why did I think about Anika like that?!" Shivaay questioned himself when his heart replied to him, "Anika is not just your friend Shivaay, she is more than that!"
Instantly his mind replied, "Shivaay how can you think about Anika like that. She is a good friend of yours man."

The next day in office, Shivaay and Anika didn't try to even look at each other

The next day in office, Shivaay and Anika didn't try to even look at each other. Noticing this, Rudra asked them "Guys did you both fight or what?!"
"No nothing like that Rudra!" Both said in unison locking their eyes instantly.

They were still continuing their eye lock while Rudra was observing them very keenly. This time again he asked them,"Guys are you both in love or what?!"
Shivaay and Anika stood numb at the very moment. They couldn't answer their friend's question. They literally wanted to run away from that awkward situation of theirs and successfully they did as well.

"Rudra I have some work." saying Anika left while Shivaay left to attend an imaginary call he received. Rudra got a clear answer to his question by then.

The whole week was so intimidating for Shivaay and Anika to face each other until they realized something went wrong with them. Everytime they saw each other, they felt a strange and inexplicable emotion within themselves.

Om and Gauri's wedding reception was to be held that weekend and the gang was busy in those preparations. Ignoring their feelings, Shivaay and Anika tried behaving normally.

It was a beautiful evening that Saturday. Just before the reception started, Anika still had some last moment works which were left out to be checked. She was checking on the decoration lights when one of the bulbs at the corner of the hall didn't work much to her annoyance. Finding no worker there, she decided to work on it all by herself.

She was meddling with the defective bulb when all of a sudden she felt a slight tremor affecting her hands. In seconds she lost her balance and was about to hit the ground when a pair of hands caught hold of her.

Minutes later, she regained her lost conscious. She wondered what really happened to her when she looked at the same pair of bluish grey orbs which always affected her a lot. She found herself still in his arms.

"Shivaay!" She called out to him when he said without even stopping for a second, "Don't you talk Anika! How could you be so careless?! Why did you want to fix those lights all by yourself? You are no electrician for god sake!"
He continued, "Do you think I can live if something happens to you!?" He realized what he said the moment he finished. Anika widened her eyes as she heard him. Those words were very pleasant to her ears of course.

Though she felt a current shock in her hands a while back, right at the moment she felt current passing all over her body being in his arms.
"Anika I'm calling the doctor right away! You encountered with an electric shock I guess." Shivaay said very much concerned when she said back almost pleading him,"Shivaay please please. Not now! I don't want to spoil OmRi's reception. I'm fine now, maybe it's just a slight shock"

"No I'm not listening" he said when she squeezed his hands tightly letting current in his body. He knew it was not the usual current feeling instead it was a weird yet a powerful vibration. His heart was thumping at an extremely faster rate.

"Shivaay please?!" She asked when he couldn't deny her.
"Right after the reception then." he said when she nodded like a kid mumbling to herself,"It's nothing and he is making it a big issue! Mr.Over-protective!"
"Heard it!" He said before leaving from there.

Soon guests started coming over and Gauri's parents were busy with them. Rudra was flirting with some girls there while Shivaay was waiting impatiently for Anika who didn't turn out still. Gauri and Om walked their way to the stage while the guests adored the couple.

Rudra was looking around here and there when his eyes fell on someone he really admired.
"ACP Bhavya!" He thought to himself looking at her as she was completely different from her usual look that evening. Shivaay greeted her and thanked her for coming while Bhavya noticed Rudra's eyes on her.

"Mr.Hooda?!" She called out to him when he said,"Rudra Ms.Bhavya! You are looking great."
Bhavya was indeed surprised hearing his statement. She never really got such compliments ever before or maybe no one dared to say.
"Thanks!" She said back smiling at him.

Shivaay losing his patience went straight in search of Anika. He literally pushed the room door only to see...

_______________________________________