Chapter 04 | New joinings

Recap ~
The guy

Few days passed by, Shivaay joining Anika for lunch and having random conversations at times. Though he tried to be friendly with her, she remained the same but only one thing improved, she smiled occasionally.

During these days Om and Rudra, the other two freshers who joined along with Shivaay became close to him, like the inseparable best friends.

One following day, Daksh, their manager announced "I'm throwing a party this Saturday as it is my birthday. So all of you can join me at my farm house!"

This announcement made everyone super excited and crazy except Anika who was not at all interested in the party. Noticing her Shivaay asked, "Anika aren't you excited for the party?"

"No actually I can't make it up for that day! I have work so." She said not giving a proper end to her reason while Shivaay nodded understandingly not wanting to ask her any further by making her feel uncomfortable.

The week end finished for the employees with Daksh's birthday party except for Anika as known. Shivaay felt as if he missed Anika but then he remained silent not telling his feelings out to anyone during the party.

At the beginning of the next week, Shivaay became restless when he didn't find Anika in her cabin.
"Shivaay why are you so restless today?" asked Om very much confused when Shivaay said back not understanding what happened to him, "I don't know yaar! Anika didn't turn up today!"

"Why are you so bothered about that girl? She's too weird!" Rudra said remembering his not so good meet with her when Shivaay replied, "No she isn't weird Rudy. She is unique! I thought the same too but then I understood something is..."

He didn't finish when he got a call from his house. He almost fell on the floor when he answered the call but was supported by his friends. He soon rushed to the city hospital to see his grandmother in the Intensive Care Unit being treated.

 He soon rushed to the city hospital to see his grandmother in the Intensive Care Unit being treated

He was in relief seeing his grandmother's health condition stabilizing after a while. He went to the temple nearby to pray for her well being when he saw someone familiar and it turned out to be Anika.

"Anika is everything fine? What happened. Why are you here!?" Shivaay asked out of concern when Anika abruptly answered "Yeah Shivaay! Nothing, okay bye I would need to leave."

Saying she left from there but sensing something was wrong, Shivaay did follow her furtively dodging here and there. He was still confused about her behavior when all of a sudden a doctor came in front of Shivaay.

"Hey mister! What the hell are you trying to do? I need explanation!" The doctor demanded answers noticing Shivaay's suspicious behavior when he replied politely,"Sir I just wanted to find out why that girl is in hospital?"
"Why are you concerned about her?" The doctor asked back hearing the curiosity in his voice.

"She is my friend but today she just avoided me and left. That's why I was concerned." he said when the doctor said,"Oh I see! Ms.Anika is already very worried. She admitted a girl who met with an accident this morning, and the girl has lost a lot of blood. Her blood group is very rare, 'O negative'. Anika tried a lot to find a donor but she couldn't get one. The girl's parents are too weak moreover, her father literally fainted when he heard about the accident!"

"Doctor, I'm O negative. Why don't you take blood from me?" Shivaay asked back in response to the situation when the doctor instantly said, "Really? That's a great news. Come on then I will check your condition."

Soon the problem got solved, the girl was saved and Anika was so happy. She wanted to meet the donor but Shivaay left from there leaving a note for Anika.

~ Note ~

You have done a great job Anika by saving a life! You are born to smile. And it well suits you. Keep smiling!
______________

Anika was a bit surprised to see the note and felt familiar with the wordings, she confronted the doctor to clarify her doubts.
"He's your friend na?" The doctor asked when she asked back, "Who doctor?"
"Shivaay, Ms.Anika!" The doctor said surprising her.

Anika was filled with mixed emotions. She was happy, at the same time she was sad as she didn't speak properly to him that day.

 She was happy, at the same time she was sad as she didn't speak properly to him that day

_______________________________________

Precap ~
Office