14.Who knew videos could keep secrets

The was a crashing sound behind us that startled Mr. Monty. We both looked back to find a window broken. Ghost was standing next to it, his hands behind his back, trying to apologize. He even offered to pay for the repairs. Not that he needs to, these guys are loaded from all the macaroni sales. Mr. Monty went on ahead with Ghost right behind him. I started to follow but a few steps in, my head started to swim. I have no idea why though. I was completely fine before. 

I found them in the security office when I caught up. Ghost gave me his seat as if knowing I could hardly stand. Mr. Monty was ecstatic, talking about how he caught the murder on camera. Ghost just stood there, kind of impatient, like waiting for the video to play. 

It started out normal.  Of course, I hadn't shown up yet. Ghost sped it up until he saw the employee had started to go back and forth with bags of trash. He stopped for a smoke break and that's when I showed up. I wasn't facing the camera so you couldn't see my face. 

"That's her! That's the killer."

"Shh. Mr. Monty, I want to make sure I get everything."

"But there isn't any audio." Ghost ignored him and resumed the video. I was grabbed and pushed up against the wall. The guy stepped back and let out a breath of smoke. My sunglasses were the only thing making it so they couldn't tell who I was. I know, why wear them indoors? I always wear them, I don't know why. I would be wearing them now if...

Oh, and there it is. The video glitched a little as the employee raised his fist and punched the wall right beside me in the video. I grabbed his wrist twisted it slightly and pushed it against him. I spun us both, causing him to be the one pressed up against the wall. The video glitched again as the guy tried to break free. He swung with his free hand hitting my right in the face. 

"He probably should not have done that?" Ghost says as he pauses the video. Mr. Monty just looks horrified. 

"You say that like it's his fault. She killed him." 

"We haven't gotten there yet. Have we?" Mr. Monty just sat there in silence. He is not liking us at all. The video is played again and it starts to go haywire. It's shaky and corrupted. You could barely see anything. The only thing you could see was me lift my hands to the man's head. And just as the video corruption got to be too much, it stopped. It stopped the second the man's neck snapped. My hair had turned red before the video cleared, so it almost looked like a different person. 

"This part freaks me out." Mr. Monty practically yells at the door in the video bursts open by itself. I grab the body and drag it out towards the trash disappearing from view. 

They should be happy. One, I didn't use a knife, not that I had one on me. Two, that man was horrid. He deserved it, and three, now he doesn't need to be paid to be quiet anymore. More money for the bossman.  Out of nowhere the whole security console breaks. Sparks start flying everywhere and the screen goes black. I watched as Ghost shifted himself slightly and Mr. Monty flys backward.

"Oh darn the video's gone." Both Ghost and I say at the time. Neither one of us sounded very upset. We both looked at each other. I was more than a bit confused. Did Ghost know? No, there's no way. I never told him. And I'm masking myself, he can't... Can he?

"What the heck happened?" Mr. Monty broke me out of my thoughts as he started to freak out. He ran to the console, started pressing buttons, resulting in it breaking more. It's started to smoke so Mr. Monty ran out of there and Ghost slowly follows after. Though he looks more like an emo teen that is being forced to go somewhere they don't want to. You know, with the whole hands in the hoodie pockets, hood up, slightly slouched, and refusing to move fast enough.

I pushed myself up from the chair. I had to catch myself before falling because my head had begun to swim again. My hand brushed against a slit in the console, it's jagged edges cutting my fingers as it did. 

"You coming?" I heard Ghost say. My mind was too focused on what may have caused the slit in the console. Whatever it was, that's what broke it.

"Huh, Oh yes." I walked out and saw as Ghost glanced at my hand. His slight smile quickly turned to a frown and my head started to pound. Was I feeling this way because of Ghost, or Jimmy? It started after he broke the window. Speaking of which, why did he break the window?

"Your bleeding." I looked down to see my hand was dripping blood. I must have cut my fingers bad. I didn't even realize it. I dug into my pockets for anything but all I found was my cell. 

"Sir! Jessica! I think I found something." We both ran out back leaving Mr. Monty, who ran to the basement. We can all assume why? Freaking Macaroni. Anyway, when we got out there Toast was fishing around his bag. Ghost went around to the other side of him to look or whatever. I was kind of freaking out because I thought I had taken care of everything but there was a video so who the heck knows. Toast then pulls out a small baggy and puts something in it. He starts waving it about like a small child trying to show their mother a drawing they made.

"Johnny please!" 

"Sorry, sir." Toast stops and hands the bag over to Ghost. It was my sunglasses. I knew I lost them but I didn't know where. They must have fallen off when I moved the body. And of course, It's my brother who finds them. Ghost just stares at them with a blank look on his face. I wonder if he figured it out. I hope he hasn't figured it out.

"Johnny, these could be anyone's. They were in the trash." Ghost finally says as he looks back over at Toast.

"Yeah I know but sir... They're practically spotless meaning they must have been just placed there." Toast sighed and turns to look at the rubbish pile. "I don't think someone would have thrown them away after the man was placed here."

"Maybe but I... Uh-oh!" Ghost dropped the glasses and before anyone can pick it up he "accidentally" steps on them breaking the sunglasses into several pieces.

"SIR!"

"Oops, sorry Johnny." Ghost just puts his hand back into his pocket and starts back for the car. I don't know what's up with him but that was on purpose. It had to be. Next thing I know we're all heading back home. Hey I guess I got what I wanted but... Honestly, I can't understand what the heck happened. And, this killer headache will not go away.

DYW2KMS: Jessi Casket (Book 1)~ Needs Rewriting!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara