17.An Old Friend

"I got a mesthage from Matxthwell." Toast dropped his cup of tea and Ghost ran to go get paper towels. Whoever this Maxwell is, I can he terrifies my brother.

"W-What did he say."

"Well, it wathn't tho much as him asth it was them." This time it was Ghost who reacted. His skin went pale and his hand shook as he cleaned the mess. Though it should be Toast who cleans the mess up. 

"So Amiee has joined Maxwell then." Who are these people?

"I don't think they had a choice." Spencer straightened his tie and looked up at the ceiling. It looked like he was trying to find the right words to say.

"Kid talk the kings English instead of the gibberish." I already had enough of these two. First, they barged in then they belittle me and now they're wasting our time. We could be missing precious opportunities here.

"They were sthcared. Like sthcared sthcared. They sthaid something was coming. They didn't exactly go into much detail before the video cut out." Spencer shot Papa a dirty look with Papa returned. Those two don't really get along.

"I don't understand." Ghost said as he sat on the couch, inviting the others to do the same... finally. Spencer once again sighed in annoyance. If he didn't what to do this why did he come.

"You asthked me to monitor paranormal activities. Which by the way takesth all of my time."

"Oh, I'm sorry I pulled you from all your internet trolling." Ghost looked annoyed himself. I feel like a third... wait, no, fifth wheel.

"I'll have you know I had a friend that now I can't talk to becausth I don't have the time." So this kid can have friends... shocker.

"How could you make friends? You never leave the basement." Papa laughed until he started coughing from lack of air. How is this guy even alive right now? He obviously is far from healthy and I am not talking about his weight. This dude has barnacles growing on his back.

"You lock me in there." Spencer practically jumped at the guy. He was pissed. "You lock me in the basthement only calling me out when the ginger forcesth you. You sent Sthally down to give me my food and Billy for my mail. I live like a freaking mole which my IQ doesth not destherve. I had to make a friend over the internet. Not that it's an easthy tasthk to befriend me. She was sthmart and insthightful while you are brainlesth and boring. I had to turn to the internet becausth there was no one else."

"Tell me about it. Do you have any idea how infuriating it is to have to deal with people who are the complete opposite of you? The internet was literally the only place why my grandmother had no way of ruling. Score one for the girl who was practically on house arrest for 8 years." I spoke without thinking. It was just I kinda understood what he was saying. Spencer spun around and just stared at me with curiosity.

"I know, the worstht part is when they treat you like your this freak, just becausth your a little different. In my casthe a whole late sthmarter." He shot Papa another dirty look but Papa had past out during our conversation.

"Or in my case just because you think differently and are not afraid of a little violence. I mean I know to defuse a bomb in 3 minutes flat. I'm a master at advanced level martial arts. I have an IQ of 200 and the strength of ten men. Yet I was supposed to be this sweet innocent little princess. Proper in every way and certainly unable to have any fun!" Toast was staring at by now. This was the first time I actually spoke about how I felt about my princess upbringing. I mean I told my one friend but he just went off about something having to do with Mario. Spencer raised his eyebrow at me. I just folded my arms in stood there in silence.

"The namesth Sthpenther Acachalla, little butts north Carolina." 

"Jessica Toast, London." The boys just stared at us. They had no clue what had just happened. 

"Jessica Toast, don't you mean Jessica Gho.." I ran up and covered his mouth his my hand.

"DO... NOT...SAY...IT.  You know I changed the name." I let go and Spencer just started laughing, waking Papa back up in the process. He didn't look too happy.

"Toasty is your secretary done yapping yet. We've got business to talk about." Both Spencer and I shot him a dirty look. It didn't faze him. He must be used to it by now.

"Secretary, oh lord no. Papa that my sister, Jessica. I told you she was joining Pie didn't I?"

"I don't remember."

I started getting another splitting headache. They've been happening a lot recently and I don't know why. I look around the room seeing everyone in a serious conversation about people I don't know. Ghost was still staring at me. He wasn't going to stop, is he? I start to head out again since they don't really need me. Ghost tried to follow but Toast held him back. 

Once again I made it to the front door, I opened it and walked outside. It was good. I was alone. I WAS alone. Someone fell out of the dang sky. Right on top of me...

"CANT A GIRL GET A BREAK!"