Chapter 15- 3 years later

(3 years later)

-Skylar-

"AIDEN JAMES MIKEALSON GET YOUR ASS HERE RIGHT NOW!" I shouted running after my son.

You see after I caught Aspen cheating on me, I ran away. I left him with nothing. I haven't contacted him nor Jaxon. I have contacted Aurora. Aspen still doesn't know about Aiden and Aurora promised that she would never tell.

"I sowwy mummy, I didn't mean to make you sad." He said as his bottom lip trembled.

I pulled him into a hug, I know live with my two-year-old son Aiden in Florida. I know it is like a 10-hour drive from New Orleans and Aspen can easily find me but I have always wanted to live here. Only Aurora knows that I have moved to Florida, she came down to visit me for a year once Aiden was born so that she could help me. Of course, Aspen was a bit suspicious but she told him that she wanted to come to study at the arts college for acting.

Today I was going back to New Orleans to move back in with my family, well my adopted ones. They wanted to meet Aiden once he was born, but I didn't allow them as Aspen could have followed them or something. We had just boarded the plane and Aiden was not staying still. Once he had finally fallen asleep I fell asleep right after him.

***

I was now back at my "parents" house, Aiden was currently playing with Hunter and I was helping my mother in the kitchen. We were making ravioli, it was Aiden's favourite so my mom decided to make it for him.

"Mummy I want to go to the park," Aiden said running into the kitchen with Hunter after him.

"Maybe uncle Hunter can take you, mummy is busy helping grandma Freya," I told him.

"No, I want you to come too." He said throwing a fit.

"It's okay hun, you take Aiden to the park with Hunter I can finish off myself." I nodded towards my mother.

***

-Aspen-

I was currently in my office doing royal work. After Skylar had left me I had to step up and become king, dad was becoming old and he had to retire. My life has been stressful ever since Skylar left me and went even more stressful once I became king. It has been 3 years since she left me, 3 years since I have seen her beautiful face, 3 years since I've held my beautiful mate in my hands.

"Hey Aspen, I'm going to go to the park to meet up with a friend." Aurora said peaking her head through the door.

"What friend? Because the last thing I recall is that you don't have any." I joked.

"Haha very funny Aspen, I met this friend when I went down to Florida for school." She said.

She walked out but something inside me told me to follow her, so following her is what I did. Once I got to the park the smell of lavender filled my nose. Skylar? No, it can't be, she left me.

"Mummy!" A little boy said running away from Aurora and into a brown-haired girls arms.

"Aiden it's only Aunty Aurora." The familiar voice said.

"Yeah Aiden, I looked after you when you were only a new born." Aurora said grabbing the boy from the girl's arms.

I walked closer trying to get a better look at this girl, her face was covered by a snapback and glasses and the only thing that was showing was her lips.

"Mummy, where is daddy?" The little boy whose name is Aiden said.

-Skylar-

"Mummy, where is daddy?" Aiden said looking at me.

"Erm, honey your dad isn't here anymore, mummy left him after he did a bad thing to mummy." I told him.

"Did daddy hit you?" he said quickly.

"No honey, he kissed another girl."

"When I see daddy, I'm going to kick his ass." He said shouting.

"Aiden who taught you that?!" I scalded at him.

"Uncle Hunter."

"Hunter, what the hell are you teaching my son?!" I shouted at him.

"I just said to him that I kicked Aspen's ass." When Aspen's name slipped out of his mouth shivered were sent through my body.

"Skylar?" the familiar masculine voice said behind me.