Chapter 17- Truth about Freya

-Skylar-

I hadn't full forgiven Aspen yet, it had been 1 week since I saw him at the park. He insisted that me and Aiden stay at the castle. Aiden had already met both sets of his grandparents, I feel as if he likes Aspen's parents more but, in my defence, it's probably because he has only seen mine once. Aiden forgave Aspen for what he did to me and they have both grown closer, this is only what I wanted, for Aiden's father to be there for him. I haven't talked to Aspen since last week and I don't intend to do so until he does something that shows me how sorry he was.

Aiden was currently with Aspen while I was chilling with Ryder, if you don't remember Ryder, he is my childhood best friend. I haven't seen him since the night I had gotten bitten and that was years ago. Ryder had still yet to meet Aiden, even though my best friend was not the Godfather of Aiden I knew he would act as the best uncle towards him. I decided that I would allow Aspen to chose Aiden's Godfather only because I chose the Godmother who is Aurora.

                                                                                         ***

Ryder had left an hour after Aiden and Aspen had come back from the fair, I had just given Aiden a bath and was now putting him to bed.

"Mummy?" I looked down to the little boy who laid in my arms.

-Aspen-

"Mummy?" I heard as I walked past Skylar's room, I stood outside the room waiting to hear what would happen next.

"Why don't you and daddy talk?" I heard Aiden ask.

"Honey, its complicated." This was the first time in a week I had heard Skylar talk.

"Yeah but daddy said he was sorry."

"But he doesn't mean it, baby if someone says sorry they don't always mean it. Your father doesn't show me that he is sorry and until he does I won't talk to him." I heard her beautiful voice say.

Fuck, I knew I had fucked up. I walked back to my room waiting for an hour so that I could go and talk to Skylar. I wanted her to know about Freya and the mark. I wanted to tell her about everything that had happened before I met her and about when I cheated on her. I wanted her to forgive me. I wanted her back with me. I don't know how I have lasted this long without her.

                                                                                      ***

I gently knocked on the door a second later I heard shuffling and then footsteps heading towards the door. The door opened to reveal Skylar.

"Hey, can we talk?" I asked her.

"I don't know, can you?" she said not looking me in the eye.

"Sky please."

"Okay fine, give me a minute." She said then walking back in.

I followed behind her, I looked towards the bed to see Aiden peacefully asleep. I looked down at awe, he looked exactly like Sky when he slept.

"He only managed to fall asleep now, he kept going on about you and how he wanted us together." She said looking down and fiddling with her fingers.

I look her hand in mine leading her towards the place where we had our first kiss. The sun was just about to set and I wanted to capture the perfect moment with my mate.

"The girl you saw me kiss, we go way back. She was my first mate or so I thought. We met in 1980, she was human and we met at a ball, we instantly fell in love. I thought we were soul mates, we did everything together. She was only 15 when we had met, we knew the love that we had was illegal and we would both get into trouble for it but we did not care. After a couple of years we had a plan that we would run away together and get married because her father did not approve of me, he knew I was a vampire and vampires were not to be messed with at that time. So, then we both ran away, as we were on the run we got attacked by a wolf. The wolf had bit her, it was my fault, I didn't get to her fast enough. I saw her die in my arms. And then I met you, you were the best thing that has ever happened to me, the day you seduced me and then I ran out, I didn't run out because I didn't want you. I ran because you had the mark on your hip, the same mark Freya had. I didn't think it was possible, but it makes sense since you are adopted, I did some research, turns out that Freya is one of your ancestors." I told her.

"But how? She died." Skylar said confusedly.

"Freya had cheated on me at the time with one of my old best friends, they gave the baby up for adoption once Freya had realised that she was still in love with me, I turned into the man I was because of her death, I was effected so badly, I went on hunts killing innocent humans and werewolves." I told her with tears streaming down my face. "Skylar you have no idea how sorry I am, I love you so much. You mean the world to me, you and Aiden. I never knew I could love someone as much as I loved you."

She cupped my face in her hands, wiping my tears with her small thumb, "I'm sorry Aspen, for leaving you. But you cheated on me, I could never forgive you for doing that" she said tears falling from her eyes to.

"Then let me make it up to you, let me take you out on one date and if you don't like it you can leave with Aiden and I will never bother you again." She nodded.