Holy giant ant

Tony

"Rise and shine Bruce, time to work!" "What? Tony, it's six a.m." "So, it's morning, we need to work on those ant helmets." "We already made 45 of them yesterday, and 30 enlargement devices." "Yes, but 30 giant ants ain't gonna stop Thanos's army. The more enlargement devices the better." "You wanna build an ant army?" "Maybe, could come in handy." "Yeah, sure, I don't think Shuri's awake yet though." "You think so?" Shuri's voice sounded from behind me. "Oh my..." "What?" "You're both awake?" "Yes." He sighed, "Fine, I'll get up and we'll get to work, but I want breakfast first." "Sure, we can arrange that," Shuri said as she walked off. "I expect to see you two at my lab in 45 minutes." "We'll be there," I replied before she left the common room. "You better be."

Thor

Bruce and Tony left the Avengers quarters early in the morning. I know this, because, however silent they might have tried to be, they woke me up. I'm a light sleeper. I heard them discuss something about science, at least that's what I think it was about. I heard them talk about wires and shrinking and growing and all that. I didn't understand much of it, so I decided to just stay in my room and work out a little. It was all I could think of to put my mind off of what happened to Heimdall... To Loki.

Steve came to fetch me for breakfast about an hour later. "Hey, Thor, we uh... we got pop-tarts, you want some pop-tarts?" I stood up, "Yes, thank you Steve." "We know how much you love pop-tarts, so, no problem." I followed him into the Avengers common room, Rhodey, James Rhodes, a friend of Tony, was already there, together with Clint. "Good morning sirs," I told them. "Morning Thor," Clint mumbled back sleepily. He had a big mug of black coffee in his hand and was eating something Midgardians call a bagel. "Good morning Mr. Thor," Rhodey greeted me. " 'T was about time you got up," a voice sounded from the window. It was my new friend, the rabbit, most people called him Rocket, he seemed to like that name and I think he chose it for himself. "Good morning to you too my friend," I said to him. "Yeah, good morning. So, what's up with the food from this planet?" "I already told you that you can trust it, did I not?" "Well... maybe." "Here," I said as I handed him a pop-tart, "try this." He took it and sniffed at it, "Doesn't smell too bad." "I myself find them quite delicious." He looked up at me, "Well, if a God likes it, who am I not to at least try it?" He nibbled on the pop tart and his ears perked up, "Hey, this tastes like berries!" "Ah yes, that must be a forest fruit pop-tart." "I like it." "You heard it here first people, the forest animal likes forest fruit," Natasha's voice sounded from out of the doorway to her room. "What did you just call me?" Rocket asked her. "A forest animal, I mean, your kind usually live in forests, sometimes in cities, but those eat out of... well, trashcans." "Uh... oh, well, I prefer the forest fruit, never really liked the taste of trash." I wasn't sure if he was joking or not.

Breakfast was peaceful, we talked about what had happened to us all, we joked and it was almost as if nothing had happened, as if, all those years, we'd been together, almost. "Hey, Thor, do you have any clue as to where Bruce and Tony are?" Steve asked me at one point. I nodded, "They're helping Shuri with something, all I heard was something about shrinking and growing and controlling ants." Scott, another friend, but this time one of Steve's nodded, "Yeah, I asked them about that, they're working on some stuff to give me more ants to control." I remembered that he had this alias called Ant-Man, "And you're planning on making them... big?" He shrugged, "Ants are nearly indestructible, I'd like to see those alien fuckers fight an army of nearly indestructible creatures." "Have you considered that some of those "alien fuckers" can fly?" "Flying ants." "So," Nebula put in, "if I'm hearing this right, you want to make an army of giant, nearly indestructible insects to fight Thanos's army?" "Yes. Do you disagree?" "No, I know his armies, they won't know what happened to them," she smiled as she said it. A little smile, slightly creepy and full of lust for revenge. "Those ants might work, they will form a good distraction in any case." "So, you all agree on the giant ants?" "Yeah, let's fu... let's mess 'em up." "Jesus Thor, just because Steve's around doesn't mean you can't say, "Let's fuck 'em up"," Natasha mumbled. I replied by winking and saying, "We all know Steve doesn't like that kind of talk, don't we?" Steve groaned in annoyance. Natasha smiled, something which was quite rare.