And we'll meet it when it does

Carol

Rogers ran into the room in what seemed to be quite a panicked state. "Guys...," he took a deep breath, "something's coming. Something big." "How big?" I asked him, I wasn't very concerned, I knew that whatever it was I could probably take it. Even if it were Thanos, especially now that he didn't have the stones anymore. "Come see for yourself," he said still sounding a little out of breath. He must have ran pretty hard for him to be out of breath. "Sure." We all followed him to the radars. And with "we" I mean, Romanoff, Wilson, Thor, Sif, Brunnhilde, Barton, Stark, Maximoff, Fury, Hill and me. Cause we were the only ones in the cafeteria at the time.

Rogers was right, something had appeared on the radar. Something big. "We should call in the Guardians," I said, "This is their technology that has been installed here. They might tell us more about it." Rogers nodded, "Yes, that's a good idea." "Well, I'll go get them then. And don't worry too much. Whatever it is, or whoever it is, we can take them." "I hope you're right," I heard him mumble before I left.

When I left I was followed by Fury, "You don't seem very concerned," he said. "I'm not." "Why?" "You've seen what I can do, right? Would you be concerned?" He grinned, "I wouldn't be too concerned, no." "Besides, chances are that it isn't even Thanos who's coming." "Who else would could it be?" "There are a lot of people after those stones, Fury. And apart from those people it could be my friends who I asked for some back up." "Your friends who you asked for some back up?" "Remember Talos?" "Of course I do. Wait, you're telling me you called the Skrulls?" "I did." "You think that's a good idea? Some of the people here hate the Skrulls." "I'll be able to explain it." At that moment Goose came around the corner of the hall. Wait, Goose? "How did you get here?" "Meow." "Aha. I thought so, yeah." "Meow!" She jumped up on my shoulder. "Uh... okay." All while that was happening Fury just stared at her as if she had stolen something from him, "You," he whispered. "Meow."

The Benatar, the ship of the Guardians, was silent when I arrived there. It was almost suspicious, but then something exploded inside and I heard multiple voices shout, "ROCKET!" And one voice screaming, "I AM GROOT!" which was probably Groot for "ROCKET!" "Crazy raccoon," I mumbled before I got on the ship. "Everything alright here?" I asked. "Rocket tried to turn the microwave into a bomb," Star-Lord answered. "Where'd he get that microwave?" "He stole it from the Avengers compound." "Of course he did." "Anyway, hey Carol. What are you doing here?" "Your radar has spotted something, Rogers wants you to look at it." "You know you can call people by their first names, right?" "Well... yeah..." "You should try it. So, you want me to come look at the radar." "Yeah, or at least one of you guys, doesn't have to be you specifically." "Well, in that case. HEY ROCKET, THEY SPOTTED SOMETHING ON THE RADAR, YOU SHOULD GO TAKE A LOOK AT IT!" "You wanna be rid of him for a while huh?" "Can you blame me? The guy just blew up a microwave!"

"You want me to what?" Rocket asked when he walked into the room looking like a static grey piece of candy floss. "Take a look at the radar at the compound." "Why me?" "Cause you're annoying me at the moment. That's why." "A-hole." "Says you." "Yeah, true. I'm the biggest a-hole you'll ever meet." "Can you just come along without starting a fight first?" I asked him. "Yeah, maybe. Probably." "Thank you."

Right when we wanted to leave a yellow light started to blink. "Huh, looks like we got a message," Star-Lord said. "Well, pick it up then, Star-Loser." "Star-Lord." "Really? I'm pretty sure it's Star-Loser." "Shut up or I'm gonna shove your gun up some place the sun never shines." "Try me." I sighed. Now I know how Gamora must feel most of the time. "Can you two please behave, otherwise I'm picking up." "There's no need for that," Star-Lord said as he picked up. It was only when he picked up that that thing only had a speaker mode.

"Is this the sip of the Guardians of the Galaxy?" A voice said on the other side of the line. "Uh... yeah, who are you?" "My name is Talos. I contacted to tell you not to worry about the big ship that showed up on your radar." "Uh... okay..." "Cause that's us." "And you are?" "Talos." "Yeah, but what are you?" "We're Skrulls." "Skrulls?" "Yes." "You want me not to worry about you and then you tell me you're a Skrull. I'm sorry, but that is kinda worrying." "No it's not," I said, "The Skrulls aren't as bad as the Kree want you to believe." "Carol, is that you?" Star-Lord stared at me for a few seconds, "You... you guys know each other?" "Yeah, I do. Talos is my friend." "Ah." "I'm telling you, the whole, Skrulls are trying to kill everybody you love and then take over your planet is all Kree propaganda. Because the Kree hate them..." "Yeah, who don't the Kree hate?" "That's a very good question. I know for sure that they hate me... or fear me, I'm not quite sure." "They hate us for killing Ronan." "I know for a fact that that one was afraid of me." "That's... interesting. Anyway, ship's friendly?" "Yeah, ship's friendly." "Good."