Meow meow hiss

(Okay, just so y'all know... there will be a little Captain Marvel stuff in this chapter. Not really anythin big, just very little things. Just so ya know.)

Daisy

"Hey guys, have you noticed that one of the cats on this ship has a collar?" "Yeah, he came in carrying this old thing," the Valkyrie, Brunnhilde I think her name was replied. "Can I take a look at that?" "Sure," she said as she handed it over to me, "but it's nothing special, really." It looked to be a modified old pager. "Weird." "Yeah, it was stuck on a red and blue screen with a golden star on it, Sif thought it was some sort of tracking device so she told me to turn it off." "Huh. And a cat carried this in?" "Yeah, like I said." "That's... weird."

"Meow." It was the cat with the collar. "Meow." "Hey kitty, heard you carried in an old modified pager." "Meow!!" It stood up against my leg and I noticed there was a nametag hanging from the collar. I took a closer look at it. "Goose? Your name is Goose?" "MEOW!!" it said as it head-butted against my hand. I almost dropped the pager. "What? You want me turn that old thing back on? I don't know if that's possible, Goose." Goose hissed. "Hey, don't get mad at me now! It's not me who brought in a useless old electronic device."

"Are you talking to a cat?" Bobbi, who had clearly overheard a part of our conversation, asked me. "No, I'm talking to myself and this cat just happens to be around," I replied sarcastically. "Fun conversation you're having with yourself." "Meow!" "He sounds angry." Goose hissed again. "I think he wants me to turn this thing on, but according to Brunnhilde over here it's malfunctioning and they think someone might be tracking us with it." "Is that possible?" "Might be, I don't know enough about pagers to know the answer to that." "Maybe you should ask someone who's old..." "Like May, or Phil?" "Excuse me?" "Hey, May." "I'm not old." "Old enough to know what this is I bet." "A pager, so what? Fury used to carry one around years ago... it kinda looked like that one. If you want more information on that you should reach out to Phil though." "What, you think this thing might be Fury's?" "I'm only saying he had one that looked like that."

Phil

"Coulson? Coulson?" A voice sounded, I wasn't sure if it was a voice in my dreams or a voice calling to me from the real world. "Coulson, Daisy send us a message, she has a question for you." Definitely real world, this was Jemma's voice. "Huh?" She send us a picture and wanted to know if you recognized it. "What is it?" "She called it a pager, it looks to be some old form of technology." "Pagers aren't that old." "Sure, and neither are you, she just wanted to know if you recognized it from somewhere, sir." I sat up straight and looked Jemma in the eye. Then I looked at Fitz who was standing in the doorway. Of course they came together. I looked at the clock. "It's three a.m. Jemma, is it really that important?" "Well, maybe not, it's just... we haven't heard from them in a while... and now we finally have... And we're just here, on the ground, on Earth... waiting." "You want to do what you can, I get it. But waking me up at three a.m." "Will you please just look at the picture, sir?" Fitz asked. I sighed and nodded, "Fine, show me."

I did recognize it, it was Fury's, slightly modified, but he had done that himself. Well... most of it. "It's Fury's pager," I said. "What of it?" "That's what she wanted to know. A cat came in on the ship carrying the thing." "A cat? What kind of cat?" "A red one... she said it was wearing a collar with a nametag." "did she happen to tell you what was on the nametag?" "she said it said Goose," Leo answered, "which is absurd. Who would call a cat "Goose"?" "Goose?" "Yeah, that's what I said, right?" "She said it was on when the cat brought it on the ship... well, according to Brunnhilde. The screen was red and blue with a golden star on it. They turned it off. I have no idea how they did it, but the Asgardians managed to turn it off because they thought it was a tracking device." "Tell them to turn it back on." "What? But sir, it's three a.m." "Dammit Jemma, just tell them to turn it back on!"