Another kind of fight

Daisy

So, about having to go to court. It's pretty much as boring as being in a classroom, especially when you're there with a big group. I know, I was there to defend myself and my friends and all, but seriously, the people just kept droning on and I almost dozed off a few times... And that was only the first day. Seriously, it's torture to my funny bone.

First off they made us all swear to tell the truth and only the truth. Don't know what was the use of that since I'm pretty sure most of us aren't religious... I mean, Rogers and Mack are, but I think that's about it, cause Elena wasn't there. Then there were accusations from the government, the U.N. and the Russian prime minister cause "Those two killed the minister of defense" yeah, as if it wasn't to save your damn life, douchebag. Then, finally, we could defend ourselves and call our own witnesses. We didn't have many of them... I mean, we had Hill... who somehow managed to intimidate half of the people in the courtroom including me. We had Laura, Barton's wife, who had insisted on defending us, especially Barton and Romanoff and honestly, that was about it.

"Miss Johnson, is it true that you work for S.H.I.E.L.D.?" They asked me at the very beginning. Honestly, I wanted to say something sarcastic, but I knew that would only offend them. "Yes." "And how long have you been working for S.H.I.E.L.D. now?" "Uh... what year is it? 2019, right? So... 2013... Yeah, close to six years." "And you are also the Inhuman known by the name Quake?" "I am." "And you are able to create quakes and tremors and to control vibrations?" No I'm able to pre-heat an oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit just by looking at it. "Yes. That's what I can do." Mr. Quizmaster, or actually Mr. Thomas, nodded. "Now, you did not sign the Sokovia accords, is that right?" "I was going to, but then my friends where, you know... caught." "And you haven't given any thought to them after that?" "I might have, once or twice." "And why haven't you signed them?" I sighed. This is really going to be all about the Sokovia accords, isn't it? Cause we're "rogue powered people they can't control," such a shame they got nothing better to do with their lives. "I like freedom." I simply stated. "The Sokovia accords will allow you to be free." "It's a restriction of some sort, though. They won't allow me to act freely, as a powered person, without the consent of the U.N. Which in some cases might come too late." This answer seemed to take him aback, so he consulted with his army of tuxedos. "We're sorry to hear that this is what you think of the accords." "You know you're not allowed to lie in a courtroom, right? We all know you don't care what we think of it." He just smiled at me. That was the end of questioning day one. For me at least.

"You shouldn't have said that," May said as she walked up to me. "Why not? We all know it's true." "I know... still. You shouldn't have said it." "Well, it's not like I can un-say it now. And aside from that I think I didn't do half bad, right?" She looked at me for a while, "Yeah, you did good," was all she gave me. "Thanks. I guess." There was a short silence. "This is gonna take some time, huh?" I eventually asked. "Yes, I'm afraid so. A week at the least I think." "Damn." "Yeah, you could say that." "A week?" "I'm afraid so." "Ugh, one day's already too long. Here I was, thinking there was gonna be nothing worse than fighting than the Framework... Nah, the Framework as worse than this." "Most definitely, but this is still annoying as hell." "Uhu." "Just imagine how hard it's gonna be for the lawyers to defend us." "Well... good thing most of us didn't sign the Sokovia accords." "We acted from a country that was part of the accords." "Yeah... right. But their ruler gave us permission." "Without consulting the U.N." "I'm really starting to pity Stark's army of lawyers." "Yeah, me too." "You think we're gonna win this?" "I hope so."

The next day was... well, long. Just as the day before. They didn't take the time to question me that day so that was good. However the questioned Fitz and Simmons and put them under quite some pressure while doing so. Needless to that pissed me off. They also took time to question Barton, who couldn't care less about their intimidating tactics and who, when asked if he had any questions, said "Yeah, can I get a coffee? Black, two sugar cubes," this seemed to amuse the jury. Hell, it even amused some of the tuxedo army that was against us. Maybe it was some kind of tactic of his. Get the jury to like you, get the judges to like you and maybe... maybe they'd feel some sympathy towards you. It seemed to be working. It worked quite well for Stark as well. God he's good at playing that game. If they were pigeons they'd be eating out of his hand, I was sure of that.