Farewell, my sister

Hill

It was a few days after the fight against Thanos and his alien army. Everyone was taking things slow, making sure their wounds healed properly and all. Yeah, we acquired quite some wounds altogether. You should have seen us after the battle... we didn't look pretty. A lot of bruises and cuts, some of us even had burns. Me, I was lucky enough not to have them. Just a lot of bruises and a few cuts. Seriously, who thinks of arming aliens with knives? Okay, yeah, there were also aliens with guns and it might just be that I got shot... but... that's something I prefer not to talk about. I mean... nobody likes getting shot. And maybe it's sort of a burn, more like a burn and a hole in your body combined, cause bullets are hot and so was whatever those aliens shot with. According to agent Simmons it was harmless... except of course for the fact that it left a hole in my body... she meant it wasn't poisoned or anything, obviously. However, I was down for a few days cause it hurt like hell.

There was a knock on the door of my apartment... yeah, we all ha apartments at the Avengers Compound. "The door is open," I said. I expected it to be Pepper, but it turned out it was Sam. I still don't know why I was so surprised about that. "Hey..." I said. "Hey, how are you?" "I'm okay, for as far as you can be okay three days after being shot in your stomach... although, it just missed my stomach..." "Yeah, I forgot to ask if any vital organs were hit the other day." I shrugged, "Simmons fixed me up, so it doesn't matter all that much." "You really think that?" "Hey, I'm still alive. I will live for a while longer... it doesn't really matter where the pain is if it doesn't kill me." "Sometimes I really don't get you." "Thanks. You want coffee?" I asked as I tried to stand up. He rushed over to me and slowly pushed me back down on the couch again, "I'll get it myself, you need to rest." "Ugh, rest..." It might sound weird, but I hate having to rest. I like working and I feel a little useless when I'm not working. No, I'm not a workaholic... And I will punch whoever dares to call me that to my face.

Sam came back from the kitchen a while later with two mugs of coffee. "You know I don't really need the help, right? I can do fine on my own, I mean, I got out of bed and got dressed this morning, making coffee shouldn't be much of a problem." He shook his head, "You shouldn't do too much. The wound is in an area where it could easily open up again." "There's stitches in it." "Stitches can break... or... well, you know, they aren't perfect." "I trust Simmons' work." "I know, I know, I just... I just want to make sure that... nothing happens." I groaned, "Nothing is going to happen, except that it's gonna heal and I'm gonna be fine." "Yeah, you say that now." "I do indeed." He sat down next to me and handed me one of the mugs. "You never know what's gonna happen." I rolled my eyes, "I know that, I never imagined myself fighting aliens, yet here I am... I fought aliens twice, I fought robots once, and it was all great fun." "That's a lot of sarcasm, maybe you need a Snickers." "Nah, I'm permanently bitchy." "That's a lie and you know it." "Maybe." "Maybe?" "Yeah, maybe. I might know it." "Why even would you be permanently bitchy?" "I had the be intimidating to get as high up in S.H.I.E.L.D. as I got." "Well... bitchy and intimidating are different, right?" "Not that much." "Ah... I guess." "I also had to be a little bitchy and intimidating to be taken seriously to be honest with you. Man, some guys at S.H.I.E.L.D. were sons of bitches." "You got an example?" "One Grant Ward." "Grand Wart?" he said jokingly. I couldn't help but laughing, "He was about as annoying as a grand wart, yeah." "Really?" "The guy had an ego from here to Tokyo. I'm Grant Ward and I could take you down with a paper plane and a paperclip," the last sentence I said with my voice lowered to try to sound like man. "What?" "Nothing, S.H.I.E.L.D. people like to mock him a little." "Anything else about this Grand Wart that was annoying?" "He was Hydra." "Ah, yeah, those skull face bitches suck." "Oh well, he's dead now, according to Coulson his body was taken over by some creepy alien, but they killed the alien as well, so that's good." "Man, I hate aliens." "Yeah, I know. I hate them too."